I couldnt do it

lil.guppy

My Calvuses are here to stay and I am not selling them! I just could not think of getting rid of them.
Has anyone ever needed to find something a home and you just could not bring yourself to doing it?

lil.guppy

Either Im going insane because my husbands been gone or I really really like fish because I thought I was going to cry when theses people were interested in them.
I felt like I was selling my kids or something.

meowzer

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/3017248
Either Im going insane because my husbands been gone or I really really like fish because I thought I was going to cry when theses people were interested in them.
I felt like I was selling my kids or something.

LOL...That's why I have so many cichlid tanks...they kept having babies...I kept seperating them...needed more tanks...NO MORE...For now on when they have babies in there mouth...if they make it...they make it

lil.guppy

I used to breed and sell Kenyi cichlids and people told me "oh you cant sell those bla bla bla" um yea I sure did! I even made a website so people could look and see what was available and such. Then I stopped because it was too time consuming

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3017271
you be surpriiiiiiiiised

craig-cough cough list cough
I know...BUT you do not realize how small of a town I live in, and even when I look up that coughing place
everything is soooo far...I never find anything even close to local...

srfisher17

If I have the willpower to avoid making a sexist-pig type comment about this thread; I can do anything! I just wish I had some bad habits; because I now know I could fix them.

lil.guppy

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/3017281
If I have the willpower to avoid making a sexist-pig type comment about this thread; I can do anything! I just wish I had some bad habits; because I now know I could fix them.

what?

srfisher17

http:///forum/post/3017323
what?
I was going to say something about the chit-chat; but I'm just as bad.
I know what you mean though, breeding cichlids is a great hobby; but most just don't produce enough offspring to make selling in quantity (to a wholesaler) worth it. I had several pairs of breeding Julies when I was breeding Angelfish (FW) for almost 15 years. I only had about 10 pair of breeding Angels and they would spawn almost constantly. There was an angelfish virus around for several years and I could sell small Angels in incredible numbers. I delivered/shipped the Julies at the same time. This hobby paid for all my SW addiction and my oldest daughter paid for her 1st car with the money she made helping. My fish room was an unbelievable tangle of pumps, hoses,mind-numbing contraptions,water, etc; but I lived in the deep south so I used a converted bedroom, had a concrete floor, and just drained everything outside and it flowed into the bayou. If I had the time now, I'd start with clownfish, I was about to start when Katrina got everything....but it was fun and profitable while it lasted.

deejeff442

tell me about it.
my wife has 7 dogs .
neighbor wont get his fixed so 3 litters later 3 dogs, our old neighbor that didnt want his shepard anymore, another from a homeshow
my company was working so was the spca and the last a stray that wondered into the neighborhood.
she had the one when we met.
i actually have permittion to take a few to the pound but cant seem to get myself to doing it.
so when they piss me off i go to my man cave basement sit on the couch and watch my fish.
no dogs allowed.

lil.guppy

Well since I decided to keep the little boogers I went out and got a couple plants and cleaned the tank up really good. Then I snagged a couple angels and some neons for extra look in the tank.

The fake plants I had looked better then these real ones, but I guess they have to grow for awhile.

lil.guppy

Yea stray dogs seem to flock to me for some reason. I have had pit bulls, huskies, mutts, labs so many dogs over the years that I was able to find homes for.
Just the other day I was out getting the mail and these 2 huge labs come running up to me with no owners in sight and no tags. I told them to go away before I make them my next pets.