I.D Please, Thank you

bobbo

Looks like a healthy Pagoda Cup to me. Tentacles are extended beyond what I have normally seen. Just MO.

smarls

Bi-Color:
Looks like a gonipora (aka "Flower Pot") to me. You can use the search button on the bottom of the page and see if it looks like the pictures in other threads.
If it is a gonipora (and please take my ID with a grain of salt!), then:
It doesn't look fully opened (may just need some time).
Although some people manage to keep them alive, they historically have a really bad survival rate in a home aquarium and many people are actually against people trying to keep them.
HTH.
On a side note, it is a really good idea not to purchase corals that you do not know what they are. I know it is hard because you go to a LFS and everything looks really cool, but it is worth doing a lot of research on each specific coral before you buy it, as they often have very specific care, lighting, flow, feeeding, and compatability issues...and it is worth knowing that each specific animal will work for your set-up before you spend the money and put it in your tank.
Stewart

bicolor225

Thank you Stewart and sweetreef. Stew should i take it back to the lfs for an exchange or should i take my luck with this one?
Bicolor
P.S Can I call you Stew?

bicolor225

Thanks BangGuy And Greatful for your input. If i were to exchange the coral, what would be some good corals to go in its stead?Thanks.
Bicolor

smarls

Bicolor,
Yes, take it back. As for what to get instead....that is a pretty tough question...
That really depends on yout set-up? Lighting, water flow, water parameters, maturity of your tank, other animals in your tank, your experience, etc. The devil is in the details.
Generally, mushrooms, star polyps, ricordia, and zoanthids are pretty easy to care for, but honestly, I would not advise you to buy anything until you research each specific coral and deceide what will work in your tank.
HTH
Stewart

bicolor225

Stew,
Thanks for the advice. I am going to do more research on the ricordea mushroom. I all ready have star polyps and i would like to pursue ricordea mushroom for its vibrant colors and its light requirements
If you can give me info on the ricordea mushroom that would be great. Thanks again.
Bicolor

bang guy

Think of Ricordea sp. the same as other mushrooms but they generally do better with a little more light.