I gat A worm

atcone

I have had the LR in the tank for about a month now and noticed a worm about 3" long. looks like a night crawler(without the band) but tan in color.there are a couple dead hermit crab shells nearby where I saw him. Any one now what it may be? I'll try to get a pic.

ckayb01

I have this same worm In my tank. I found it yesterday is this worm ok? It is like described up above it looks like a night crawler.

bojuben

Bang Guy,
Yes - this is what my 2 worms look like. They hide in the rock during light and only "peek" out when dark. They never seem to leave their rock and they leave a long "tube" on the sand beneath their opening. By searching past posts I determined it was a Peanut Worm. Is this correct?
Thanks

atcone

I did a search on line for peanut worm and thats what it is. sounds harmless in fact it feeds on detrius. But will they muliply too much?

jlm

I was hoping bang guy might tell what that worm is? I didn't think it looked like a peanut worm but I've never seen one out of the rock totaly before. The reason I want to know is this looks a lot like the thing I found today. Will they be reef safe?

jlm

Thanks but I found what I was looking for. My worm is a peanut worm I've just never seen one out all the way. Now I can stop worrying.