I got a unique case and I need help

Sethdarkus

I’m trying to increase my amano Zoe survival rate and I’m trying to make changes that can make the 10 gallon I use more like a artificial sea bed. I’m planning to swap the substrate out for mineral mud to help algae’s/macro algeas and place ether live sand or non live sand on top, Live sand would be better but I don’t know if I might get something harmful to the amano Zoe’s by doing so, so if I use just regular dry sand with no bacteria or other organisms than how can I possibly selectively seed it with bacteria and other organisms? I do plan to add some red and green macro algae’s to help with water chemistry. To sum it up I need a small bio load and microscopic life to help keep water conditions stable while not being harmful to the Zoe’s, the tank is seeded with phytoplankton. Another question is how can I create a live rock so I don’t get tag along harmful to the Zoe’s?

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
I’m trying to increase my amano Zoe survival rate and I’m trying to make changes that can make the 10 gallon I use more like a artificial sea bed. I’m planning to swap the substrate out for mineral mud to help algae’s/macro algeas and place ether live sand or non live sand on top, Live sand would be better but I don’t know if I might get something harmful to the amano Zoe’s by doing so, so if I use just regular dry sand with no bacteria or other organisms than how can I possibly selectively seed it with bacteria and other organisms? I do plan to add some red and green macro algae’s to help with water chemistry. To sum it up I need a small bio load and microscopic life to help keep water conditions stable while not being harmful to the Zoe’s, the tank is seeded with phytoplankton. Another question is how can I create a live rock so I don’t get tag along harmful to the Zoe’s?
The safest suggestion would be to use live sand such as Aragalive, and live rock, but to quarantine the rock so you can monitor for any hitchhikers. Beyond that, it is just your preference of set up. Macro algae's are fantastic, but be careful keeping them in the display tank as they will potentially encroach on corals.