I have a confession

lil.guppy

Ok I remember I made a thread awhile back saying, "why are these fish so expensive"
Well I have had quite a few people interested in my calvuses but when I give them the price tag they beg me to lower it and I wont I just wont.
Then I realize I was being a hybocrite when I was complaining about the saltwater fish when I was selling freshwater fish for $200

Sorry ya'll

small triggers

i cant believe people would even pay $100 for freshwater
personal opinions though i guess
. I really cant get into anything because of the coloring, just not as vivid and varied.

sirromey

how about a Platinum Barramundi for 30k, Never heard of a 30,000 dollar fresh water or saltwater fish for the matter, other then the occasional show koi.

95harley

I could sell this bad boy 15" Widebar Datnoid for $700+ today but won't sell him beacuse I can't replace him.
FW fish are just as expensive but only for rare, import banned, or some kind of monster like an Airapima.

jackri

Freshwater fish are cool... until you see what saltwater has to offer IMO.
But yeah now since having having a kid I have to watch out about being hippocrate (i can never spell that word) like I could say... "don't steal" but look at all these burned movies and cds (which I only did a few cd's back in the day).
Theres always a bunch of little gotchas out there that just seem to sneak up on you

R

rcreations

I never knew freshwater fish are that expensive. Guess I'm used to my wife's guppies.

crypt keeper

He said the name. widebar datnoid.
FW fish are awesome. Something about a huge arrowana just destroying anything in its path. My snakehead was the baddest fish I ever owned. It was almost 3 feet. I fed that thing anything I could. Frogs. Fish. Baby rats. Large Mice. It ate it all. Id to get another but that jackass let one loose and now we have a issue in the potomac river.
A buddy of mine had a huge tank with bass and a huge pike in it. You wanna talk about having an aggressive tank. Those fish were insane.

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3021044
OMG...I hope that pic is a joke...that poor fish!!!!!
Actually that's pretty common in places like the phillipines and indonesia, anywhere in the south pacific...You should see the origional reef tanks. They were concrete tubs that they would change water out in. Really its all about water movement

small triggers

i like freshwater fish,,, TO EAT,, okay only some,,, but still not pretty that Datnoid(?) i just couldnt imagine making a space for that in my house

I have a 180 gal discus tank. I have paid up to 150.00 or more for some of them. I think that's why the price of saltwater never bothered me. It all depends on how available they are.