I Have an Impossible Phosphate Problem.

ivasawajin

Thanks yo guys , i will try to syphon the poop out with force a syphone hose and a tooth brush and a water cleaner , i bet an ozonizer will help too .

luvmyreef

To help reduce phos, etc. You can run chemipure elite, and you can try a polyfilter. It will change colors depending on what it pulls out. And I recommend a refugium with lots of good macro algaes to help too. I know you like a lot of fish, and if they were smaller it would probably be ok, but everyone here has told you 9 tangs is way to many. Pick out a couple favorites, and get rid of the others. And, I know I asked before, but have you tested your water (that you use for water changes) for phos, nitrates, etc. And is it RO/DI water or treated tap or well water? You can also introduce a lot of phos with the fish food.

ivasawajin

i have answered all these in a page ago . thanks any way
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///t/389195/i-have-an-impossible-phosphate-problem/40#post_3438660
To help reduce phos, etc. You can run chemipure elite, and you can try a polyfilter. It will change colors depending on what it pulls out. And I recommend a refugium with lots of good macro algaes to help too. I know you like a lot of fish, and if they were smaller it would probably be ok, but everyone here has told you 9 tangs is way to many. Pick out a couple favorites, and get rid of the others. And, I know I asked before, but have you tested your water (that you use for water changes) for phos, nitrates, etc. And is it RO/DI water or treated tap or well water? You can also introduce a lot of phos with the fish food.

luvmyreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvasawaJin http:///t/389195/i-have-an-impossible-phosphate-problem#post_3438038
i usualy feed frozen brin or mysis or blodd worms and i stir them 5 days in a huge glass so the water will ve crystal clear when i pour it in and i use algae sheet , pellets once a week and algae spinual flakes twice a week but they eat them in less than 4-5 mins .
Sorry, but I did not see where you addressed a refugium. But in this reply, what do you mean you stir frozen brine or mysis for 5 days? Also, flake food contains phos and ash, both will feed the algae.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///t/389195/i-have-an-impossible-phosphate-problem/40#post_3438774
Sorry, but I did not see where you addressed a refugium. But in this reply, what do you mean you stir frozen brine or mysis for 5 days? Also, flake food contains phos and ash, both will feed the algae.
I agree with luvmyreef...the food you mentioned is known for causing problems. I rinse my mysis shrimp in RO water before I feed it to the tanks, and never ever use pellets or flake foods.

S

smallreef

its the same as the correlation to: as ramen is to food as pellets are to food.. but isnt it healthier to eat fruit/veg/meat just as fish eat seaweed/meaty seafood (depending on species of course)...