I have entirely too many tanks!!!

bbb

Originally Posted by petjunkie
I currently only have the one 33 gallon running but i'm starting a 2.5 gallon nano reef added to my cat, iguana, frog, betta (I love that fish, I change out his entire gallon and he's fine!!!) and my two ferrets which demand the most attention after the fish tank. See why I picked my name. Oh and I also run my sister's 10 gallon with goldfish because no one takes care of it so I run over and do water changes on that because I can't stand a dirsy green tank. That's crazy.
Ferrets are awesome. Too bad we weren't responsible enough to keep ours. Other than the tank we have now we have a dog and a cat. In the past we have had two mice, two hamsters, a ferret, and our other cat that was attacked by a pack of wild dogs (we live in the country and alot of people let their dogs run free). I really liked my mice, one was all white execpt for one brown spot by it's tail and had red eyes, the other one was almost all black. I miss them

jermpool

At 1 time I had 2-55 gallons, 2-29 gallon, 1-20 gallon, 1-10 gallon, and 1-125 gallon. All salt but for 1 of the 55s. The maintanence on them burnt me and my wife out. Then our tanks starting getting run down and fish started dieing. I started giving tanks away and trading for some things. I lost a lot of money and now I'm down to my 125 and it doesn't even have anything in it right now.

jhebi

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....
We all have to agree that when you start 1 SW tank you can't finish it....
Is just like the ENERGIZER BUNNY.....It keeps going and going and going........
:joy: :joy: :joy: :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

E

exile415

I have my 60 reef,90 freshwater aggressive,100 gallon tub snapper turtle, 20L Red Ear Slider tank

cheyco

Originally Posted by unleashed
ok now Im gonna get out the heavy artilary lol i was gonna count all my pets and pet tanks but here goes
2 dogs
2 cats
3 birds (african grey,sharp tailed conure,cockateil)
2 rats (each in 20 gal tanks)
4 1/2 ft ball pyhton (55 tank)
turtle( 40 gal long tank)
guinna pig(40 gal long tank)
15 gal fw tank
120 reef with 65 gal sump fuge.fuge doubles as a tank
125 6 ft agressive
100 6 ft fowlr
90 gal set up but no fish now soon to be a 300 gal
8 kids 6 grand kids and hubby ( ok 3 kids live at home rest grown and moved out tg)
im not a house keeper im a zoo keeper lol
WOW ! You've got me beat. I house 7 saltwater , 1 freshwater that I want to turn into a plant tank, 3 dogs, 3 cats one of which is a bengal (acts like a fool) 2 pythons and 4 kids. The oldest being 40. (That of course would be man I love but he acts like a child)

youngladie

:happyfish God how do you guys keep up.
I have a 55-gallon SW and a 20-gallon FW, 2 dogs (one that I didnt get I got it from my nephew and my sister when she broke up with my nephews dad), soon to a bird, me, my mom and step-dad, my 4 siblings (all out of house), like 7 nephew and neices. How do you do it! :notsure: And I though was a pet person! :joy:

55gsw

A couple of years ago, I had 9 tanks going at once, 4 FW and 5 SW. It started to become overwhelming so I've gradually reduced the amount of tanks I have. Now it's 1 FW and 2 SW. The odd thing is, that when I had the 9 tanks they were smaller and now my tanks are bigger so I've basically got the same amount of gallons that I had before!
Other pets include a chow/shepard mix (love this dog...soooo smart!), there's a soft shelled turtle in the FW tank, and a canary. My son had two pet rats but they recently died....nice animals BTW for anyone looking for a good pet!

angelsrock

Originally Posted by Rainfishy
I want a big tank and can't seem to get my hands on one!!!!! Every time a big tank is in the local paper I call on it and lose it by a day or couple hours. That paper came out this morning. I called on a 70 gallon at noon and he just called me back that it is sold, and I'm still at work !!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (I'm on the West Coast) This has happened like 3 times in the past 4 months!! I just need to fork out the dough for a brand new tank and I'm a cheap ass

My 29 gallon reef is absolutely the apple of my eye, but limiting on amount and size of fish.
I want a big tank

too bad your on the west coast, i am buying a 150 gallon today for 100 bucks and the guy also has a 180 gallon for 200 bucks, but the 180 doesn't have hood or stand. i am selling my 75 gallon, just the tank and hood though.

pbienkiewi

Ha.......... The electric company LOVES us.......... I started up a 30gal reef along with my 55gal reef. When I saw the jump in my electric bill I was checking to see if people were tied into my power. But with no luck. My living room is sucking electricity big time ! Then I also have a 30gal and a 10gal freshwater also.