I know I'm cold, Girl Can't stop sneezing

meowzer

That's a sneeze....LOL...You are a cold man Stdreb...haha
Hey my father had the hiccups once for like a month....He didn't think it was funny...(I DID THOUGH) hahahahhaa

reefkprz

you gotta feel some pity for the kid. I imagine its like having the hiccoughs, only for two weeks.
I hate the hiccoughs

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/3170534
you gotta feel some pity for the kid. I imagine its like having the hiccoughs, only for two weeks.
I hate the hiccoughs
Nah, hiccups hurt. Like the lady said, it seems like a psychological problem.
It reminds me of something that happened at school yesterday. A girl with tourettes had an attack (she was barking like a dog). Then she proceeded to fall down the stairs. As she laid there, I started cracking up. I saw how big of a hole I was when I looked around and realized that nobody else thought it was funny.
You may be a sick person Stdreb, but I'm right there with you...

lovethesea

I saw this girl this morning on the today show. IMO it is psychosomatic. She was fine until an overnight at a girl friends house. No allergies, not effected my medication. Tourettes does not seem to be the culprit.
I have a personal experience with psychosomatic response and this seems like
the answer.
We will see. Poor girl/family. All she wants to do is go to school and be with her friends.

cranberry

That actually made me really really sad. If that was an adult, it would be funny.... but that's just a child.
So, girl sleeps over at friend's house, comes home with a psychosomatic issue.... who was in that house that night!

btldreef

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3170576
That actually made me really really sad. If that was an adult, it would be funny.... but that's just a child.
So, girl sleeps over at friend's house, comes home with a psychosomatic issue.... who was in that house that night!
That's what I'm saying!! I worked with a child that blinked constantly as a result of a psychosomatic issue. It was later revealed that she was being molested by her older brother. These poor kids.

lovethesea

just sayin'......something has that poor child worked up. Like I said, personal experience with this kind of reaction.

cranberry

I agree. I'm a s.exual assault nurse examiner for the pediatric population. That would have my eyebrows raised.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3170544
It reminds me of something that happened at school yesterday. A girl with tourettes had an attack (she was barking like a dog). Then she proceeded to fall down the stairs. As she laid there, I started cracking up. I saw how big of a hole I was when I looked around and realized that nobody else thought it was funny.
lol

Ok, in the begining i thought that was hilarious, laughing each time she sneezed, but by the end of the video i was like ohhh my god stop already, thats gotta be the most annoying disease ever, i feel sorry for the poor family. i would plug her nose or plug something, who can live like that.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3170544
I would had fallen over with laughter. Im one of thos epeople who will crack up at others expense. As long as they arent seriously hurt or dead Im laughing at your ---. A girl was running by our dinner table a few days ago. tripped and slid like 5 feet. I had to leave the table I was literally in tears

spiderwoman

You're cruel! Hehe it did make me giggle a bit. then again I would not want to be in her shoes.
I thought they said she had a cold right before the sneezing started. Heard it on local news this morning.

spiderwoman

Here is more on that story...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573989,00.html
CHESAPEAKE, Va. — It’s that time of year when everyone seems to be coughing and sneezing, but for a 12-year-old girl from Virginia, she can’t sit for more than a few seconds without someone saying "bless you."
It’s so bad, on a regular day Lauren Johnson can sneeze more than 12,000 times a day, fox43tv.com reported.
"I can't stop sneezing. It goes off about eight to nine times a minute," Lauren said.
The condition, described as "machine gun sneezing," started about two weeks ago when the sixth-grader caught a cold and ever since then she’s been miserable.

"I know this is terrible for her," Lauren’s mom, Lynn Johnson said.
Lauren hasn’t been able to go to school and has visited six different doctors since the non-stop sneezing began. Although there’s no clear diagnosis, one neurologist told the family Lauren’s condition could be "irretractable psychogenic disorder," which could be triggered by stress, according to the report.
"There's less than 40 cases ever documented ever in the entire world," Johnson said. "Nobody really knows how to treat it, what's going to work, and even in the cases where it might have worked or turned the sneezing off for awhile, a lot of times it comes back again and then you're right back to where you started," she added.
However, there are a few hours when Lauren does not sneeze.
"It turns off when she sleeps," her mom said. "Only in a deep REM sleep it turns off."

coral keeper

Idk, maybe shes faking it to get out of school so she wont do homework? :p lol Also, how can you fall asleep if you are sneezing every 8 seconds? Its just hard to believe that she is sneezing every 8 or so seconds.

crypt keeper

My brother will sneeze on average 13 times in a row. Im not talking sneeze pause sneeze. Its boom boom boom. We counted 31 in a row once but he hits 25 regularly. It happens once a day.This would suck

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/3171283
Idk, maybe shes faking it to get out of school so she wont do homework? :p lol Also, how can you fall asleep if you are sneezing every 8 seconds? Its just hard to believe that she is sneezing every 8 or so seconds.
... "It turns off when she sleeps," her mom said. "Only in a deep REM sleep it turns off."