I know just enough to hurt myself and some fish...

iidylii

whew finally got through this thread lol...lots of smarties on this site as you can see...maybe im wrong but I think its fine to have your DT pretty much sealed off as long as you have an open sump? My tank has a glass top completely covering the tank but I also have a sump that is completely open...which brings up the ninja wrasse lol I as you, had egg crate over my tank at one time...I then got a pair of tiger gobies who may or may not have had the same ninja trainer as your wrasse but they both managed to over night jump through the crate and lay on the floor next to each other...I to said wow that is just amazing that one or both made it through the crate holes...

completely agree with the list of fish and whatever else you may put in your tank...I to ran into an encounter with ich and had to start all over with fish...anyways I made a list of fish and then sorted through them according to color, shape, size etc also making sure that I added the least aggressive fish first and the most aggressive last...anyways good luck and keep asking questions

Shilpan

Haha yeah, I added my firefish last (due to availability) and now they're getting chased into their hiding hole by my bangaii! Order is important I've learned :)

Strange thing is the firefish refuse to stay in they try again every 20minutes haha, and I think the bangaii is chasing less aggressively.

So what's your plan once this bump in the road is over mate?

Brando31

The plan is to keep the fish in the 75 and dose with paragard until they are better, keep the invertebrates in a 30 gallon, and plan for a bigger built that I can do right that can contain both disease free. Maybe 150 or around there.

UPDATE: the feeder wrasse re-appeared yesterday. I have a brain coral (or i think it used to be) rock with a hole through it about the size of a pencil. He was in there. The damsel is getting better and the yellow tang is doing well. He lets the feeder fish get inside his gills, but sometimes he must bite a little hard because the tang will turn on him and chase him down.

The leather coral I think is about gonners, the xenia looks okay and the urchin is still alive but hasn't moved much. The anemone hasn't really opened up since I moved him to the 30.

jay0705

The plan is to keep the fish in the 75 and dose with paragard until they are better, keep the invertebrates in a 30 gallon, and plan for a bigger built that I can do right that can contain both disease free. Maybe 150 or around there.

UPDATE: the feeder wrasse re-appeared yesterday. I have a brain coral (or i think it used to be) rock with a hole through it about the size of a pencil. He was in there. The damsel is getting better and the yellow tang is doing well. He lets the feeder fish get inside his gills, but sometimes he must bite a little hard because the tang will turn on him and chase him down.

The leather coral I think is about gonners, the xenia looks okay and the urchin is still alive but hasn't moved much. The anemone hasn't really opened up since I moved him to the 30.
Fish can hide in the smallest places. Tangs especially do seem to like getting cleaned. My yellow lets my shrimp clean him up

iidylii

cleaner wrasse is one fish I really really wanted but just heard they can be tough to keep alive so I aborted that lol

and there are times my urchins will sit in one place for weeks without moving which is the case with my pencil urchin right now it hasn't moved in 2 weeks...don't know if you mentioned it but what type of urchin?

Brando31

A couple guys on here have said that about the cleaner wrasse...but now that he's out and about he seems to be doing fine. Today he has really been hanging around the damsel and pecking on him a ton. The damsel loves it. I also hung some algae on a clip and he went nuts for it. He won't eat any flake or pellets though. I wonder if he will suffer when all the ich is gone?

Man, I'm not sure about the urchin. He is black with long pointy quills... I guess you would call them. Although he lost most of them when I dosed him with paragard. But its been one two weeks since then and I can see they are growing back.

So day three on the paragard for the fish and no more flashing. Their skin looks clear and they are acting more normal.

iidylii

sounds like a long spine urchin...my long spine is almost always on the move...he helps out a ton with algae growth...if I could start over though I probably wouldn't have gotten it...maybe if I had a bigger/longer tank fine but they just take up so much room and are a bit dangerous at times when fish are giving chase to each other and go zipping right through the urchin possibly injuring themselves...oh and if it is a long spine urchin it is venomous so definitely be gentle lol