I know you guys missed the snakes!

aw2x3

Haven't been around, for a while and have aquired some new babies. Thought I'd share, for those of you who like the snakes. lol
2007 Dwarf Purple Albino Retic

75% Dwarf Tiger Retic

And, lastly...my Holy Grail. One of the rarest/most expensive Retics, in the world. Have been in love with this morph forever, but never was able to afford one, till now.
2010 male Golden Child Tiger Retic

monsinour

if the one is 75% snake, whats the other 25%?
They are pretty reptiles. I couldnt do snakes. Dont want to feed mice to something.

aw2x3

The 75% refers to the percentage of the dwarf gene, that particular snake carries. If you breed a dwarf to a mainland snake, you get 50% dwarf. If you then breed one of those offspring to another dwarf, the percentage of the dwarf gene is 75%.
The Dwarf Purple is at least 50% dwarf and the Golden Child is not dwarf at all.

meowzer

Nice to see you are still around....UHHH..nice snakes

I don;t mind them...LOL...as long as they are in someone elses yard or house that is...they are nice in their own way

beth

Administrator
Staff member
About time you showed back up.
And wow, that tiger retic is absolutely amazing!
All are gorgeous, but the colors on that one is something to stop and gape at.

S

smartorl

Is it as irridescent as it appears to be in the pictures? Very unique looking snake.

aw2x3

The irridescense really pops, on the Golden Child. All Retics have the rainbow sheen, to some point...but some more than others. And yes, under normal light, it's visible all the time.
Thanks for all the compliments, guys. I do love my kids. lol
And Beth, if you like the Dwarf Tiger, you'll really like my Super Dwarf Super Tiger...his silver head is just crazy.

flower

I like snakes, as long as they are not poisonous. I like the markings on all of them, but I like the one in the second picture the best. I'm sure the pictures don't do them justus, that rainbow sheen is beautiful.

aw2x3

Day after getting here, he's already eating...the little guy has the feed response of a 15 footer. lol

Didn't even really leave that big of a lump. He'll probably be ready again, by this weekend.

S

smartorl

Although, from the looks of it, he may have had gout, so perhaps it was suicide, lol.

aw2x3

Don't mean to offend anyone with the rat pics. lol
I buy all of my feeders pre-frozen, so no harm to any live animals.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2x3 http:///forum/thread/381474/i-know-you-guys-missed-the-snakes#post_3323365
Don't mean to offend anyone with the rat pics. lol
I buy all of my feeders pre-frozen, so no harm to any live animals.
LOL...No offense taken...I'm joking...I know they have to eat that type of stuff...and if it was really that offensive..well...DUH...I wouldn't open a snake thread...LOL...cause MOST of them have them eating....and they eat ...mice...and sometimes rabbits

S

smartorl

Me either, I'm bored, tired, and waiting to dispatch one more truck before I crash. When tired, I talk.......alot. The kids went to bed and the dogs are hiding so I'm chattering away on here!

reefraff

I could care less about owning one but I like looking at them. Beautiful in a creepy slithery sorta way. They remind me of mosaic tiles.