I must be crazy... How can I find a Mantis Shrimp?

mantisso_o

This is the Aggressive Fish section but well this thing I'm looking for is no fish and it loves to eat everything but I have been looking for the past 5 months with no luck for a "Peacock Mantis Shrimp" and I don't know where to go. I have called in for special order in my area and online stores but all with no luck. So I figure to try to ask if any one here could assist me? :help: :jumping:

fishieness

go to the classified section here.... ive seen people finding them in their tank and trying to sell them. Or you can post a thread asking for one. someone here has one and will be willing to sell seeeing how most are going to get them out of their tank anyways.

fishieness

ive seen the pic of the peacock in the hitchickers thread. a realy realy cool looking thing. But i dont knokw if id want a tank without little fishies swimming around.
tell us when you find one!

mantisso_o

Sure thing! I have a 55G with fish and other 33G awaiting for the Peacock Mantis Shrimp. I'm just oddly fond of odd and deadly creatures and this is so far the best of just that I have seen. :joy: :happy: :jumping:

mantis81

I have been looking for a mantis as well, but with no luck. Isn't it kinda sad that the people that really want one can't get one and the people that hate them end up with them? :notsure: Good luck.

f1shman

Ya, i realy wanted one for a while cause they are so smart!! I saw a video of one that hid, and when the octopus turned his head, the mantis shrimp ran out and bonked him on the head and stunned him, it was awesome lol.

mantisso_o

If this site had them In Stock. Then I wouldn't have went to the long hard trouble of posting this thread (and waiting) but thank you for telling me the obvious. :jumping:

mantisso_o

Yeah, I agree they are very smart! So I'm not going to stop till I get one... most likely I'm not getting one here anytime soon unless this site has them In Stock. :jumping: :cheer:

go here they call it something different but is is still awsome {link violation - out of respect to the owner and operator of this site, please do not post links to competitors}

erhodejr

Have you tried the store in Randallstown Md.? they carry a huge selection of saltwater fish, I believe the place is called Aquarium center. checl it out or call them and see if they have it or can order it.

mantisso_o

I'm press for any mantis right now and this Lime Green Mantis Shrimp {link violation - out of respect for the owner and operator of this site, please do not post links to competitors} is better then a brown regular mantis but I'm not gonna stop till I find a Peacock Mantis Shrimp and yes thank you! I'll check out the one in Maryland if they can order one for me. so far I looked every where but the one in MD. So thank you much ludachris821 and Erhodejr!!!! :jumping:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

R

red79

I thought that every LFS carried them. Alot of the stores around us do. My husband wants one but I like my fish to much. Good luck.

mantisso_o

Unless I'm looking wrong but most stores I ask all say it depends on there suppliers of when or if they do carrie it or not. Oh and other thing with the The Lime Green Mantis Shrimp is included in the Smashing Mantis Shrimp group and from my reading been told to get the other kind rather then the smashing mantises but then again I'm not sure if a Peacock would be in that group or to the other group. ::: Shrugs ::: i'll take that risk...lol :thinking: :thinking: :jumping: :happy: :yes:

f1shman

well the other group is the slicers, the question is would you rather have a busted thumb? or a sliced thumb? lol

mantisso_o

oh okay... i don't give a $h!t about my thumb...lol i care more about a messed up glass tank... ::: giggles ::: :jumping: :yes: