I must have one

earlybird

A clownfish that is. My 2 yr old daughter is all about Nemo and I like them too. However, I need your help. I love the relationship bet clownfish and anemones but don't know what my options are.
Here's my future setup as I am in the research process right now: 29g DT, 10g sump (hopefully w/ small fuge), ss65, mag drive 700, a powerhead to increase my turnover from 15.5/hr to near 20 or more, and the coralife lunar aqualight compact flouro's for my lighting. I plan to have liverock and sand and build my aquarium around my clownfish.
What would you recommend for species?
Can/should I have two?
Can I have an anemone with this lighting? If not can I still have clownfish?

bang guy

Clownfish do not need an Anemone nor do I suggest you attempt to keep an Anemone.
I'd recommend a pair of Ocellaris Clownfish.

madman33

for ocellaris no but for acouple others liek maroons if they are not already together and sold as a "pair" then they will most likely fight. But no ocellaris do not need to be a mated pair

ice4ice

Heh - reminds me of when I take my 3 year old to a lfs and he saw some clownfish and yells "NEMO !!!" Funny it doesn't matter whether it's a Maroon, Skunk or Ocellaris clownfish. He just goes crazy for them. LOLOLOL !!!

cj7eagle

I have that same size tank, same light, and same skimmer. about 20lbs live sand, 10lbs dead sand, 15lbs base rock, and about 23lbs of live rock. I have two ocellaris (marlon and coral... original huh?) They are the center of my tank. they are great fish, very lively, though the first morning after you get them, you will think they are dying, as they sleep sort of swimming sideways at the surface. In the near future i am going to order some frog spawn. I have heard that clowns like playing in it, since i was told my lights arent strong enough for anemones.

reeffreak9

I have two Percula clowns which I bought at the same time out of the same tank. They act like they are in love (he he). We named them Nemo and Nina, lol. Anyways they follow each other around and lately have been showing signs they may be thinking of children :cheer: . They are awesome fish and hardy too. We've never had a prob with our clowns.
But they ignore the anemone I have, though thats not really a prob. One bit of advice*~get at least a 55 gal, because once you start this hobby your gonna want more!
:hilarious
And alot of fish require at least 55 gallon tanks. Or 75gal for Dory, lol.