I Need a Few Opinions?

cj96ss

So I have been in the hobby for a year now and Finally feel like my tank is stable meaning that My fish arent dieng any more.... So I need some advice and stuff ... To make sure it stays this way i would love for some feedback..
I am Running a 90 gallon Tank, I have a Seaclone 100 Skimmer and a Wet dry rated for 75 gallons.... I know thats small but couldnt pass the price...
I am also running a fulval 305 canister filter....
Ok So whats in the tank 60 llbs of live sand. 50 llbs of live rock
Now for the live stock
1 True Clown Fish
3 Dasmels
1 Blue hippo tang
1 Purple Tang
1 Nasu Tang
1 Diamond back goby
1 Skunk shrimp
1 little small purple fish forget its name
4 hermits
1 feather duster
I just upgraded my lighting this week to a JBJ 4 light system 2 antic 2 65watt 10,000 white ones
So how am i doing and what can i do for improvment..

cj96ss

Originally Posted by cj96ss
http:///forum/post/2859924
So I have been in the hobby for a year now and Finally feel like my tank is stable meaning that My fish arent dieng any more.... So I need some advice and stuff ... To make sure it stays this way i would love for some feedback..
I am Running a 90 gallon Tank, I have a Seaclone 100 Skimmer and a Wet dry rated for 75 gallons.... I know thats small but couldnt pass the price...
I am also running a fulval 305 canister filter....
Ok So whats in the tank 60 llbs of live sand. 50 llbs of live rock
Now for the live stock
1 True Clown Fish
3 Dasmels
1 Blue hippo tang
1 Purple Tang
1 Nasu Tang
1 Diamond back goby
1 Skunk shrimp
1 little small purple fish forget its name
4 hermits
1 feather duster
I just upgraded my lighting this week to a JBJ 4 light system 2 antic 2 65watt 10,000 white ones
So how am i doing and what can i do for improvment..

?????

mie

Upgrading your skimmer would be a good move. Do you have a pic? We like pics.

cj96ss

Thats Crazy the Naso is 5 times the size as the hippo aka Dorey... They have not had any conflict at all they are never even near each other .. I will post pics tomorrow

rotarymagic

buying about 50lbs more established live rock would be a good idea..
getting a better skimmer...
getting refugium on there if not already...
getting rid of the bioballs in the wet dry and putting wellplaced liverock in there... doing the same with the canister or just removing it altogether..
It seems like you bought a bunch of cheap filters to bandaid what you could have done with one good one...
What are your nitrates typically?

cj96ss

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2860373
buying about 50lbs more established live rock would be a good idea..
getting a better skimmer...
getting refugium on there if not already...
getting rid of the bioballs in the wet dry and putting wellplaced liverock in there... doing the same with the canister or just removing it altogether..
It seems like you bought a bunch of cheap filters to bandaid what you could have done with one good one...
What are your nitrates typically?

Seaclone was givin to me the canister came the set up and I got the wet dry for a great deal i thought .... How about a suggestion on what type of filter to use?????

veni vidi vici

Its your tank but the Tangs will get to big for your tank
The Naso can grow up to 18"
Hippo 12"
Purple Tang 10"
Thats 40" of fish right there.

rotarymagic

http:///forum/post/2860447
Seaclone was givin to me the canister came the set up and I got the wet dry for a great deal i thought .... How about a suggestion on what type of filter to use?????
live rock and flow...
Just take the bioballs out and stick live rock with holes in between each rock to maximize surface area and flow in and around the rocks...
This will work in both the wet dry and canister... the live rock has both anaerobic and aerobic bacteria so its much more efficient than bioballs.. but don't do both at the same time... don't want to upset the current biofilter too too much... I'd also had 50more lbs to the display tank and make sure you have ALOT of flow through it.
I'm not telling you to go buy new equipment just live rock.. trying to work with what ya got.. find those good craigslist adds with people breaking down established tanks (live rock at $1-$2/lb often found) and transport the rock in tank water over to your place..

mboswell1982

http:///forum/post/2860366
Thats Crazy the Naso is 5 times the size as the hippo aka Dorey... They have not had any conflict at all they are never even near each other .. I will post pics tomorrow
they may not have had any conflicts yet, but, one could happen at anytime, no matter what thesize difference is