I need an id

bowfish

Does anyone know the proper name of this The picture is out of focus(cell Phone pic) ,my camera has gone on vacation.I think it comes from Australia.It doesnt seem to be very happy.If you can see on the right side there is something like a tube sticking out.I wonder if this is irritating it .

mr. limpid

It is hard to see does it have technicals at end then its a aiptasia anemone which you need to remove. They will take over your tank. Get tweezers and pull it off.

bowfish

No you dont understand I want an ID of the coral.The thing on the right is some sort of hitchhiker but its not aiptashia.looks more like a tube than tenticles.

btldreef

Judging by the color pattern, I'm going to say that it's an acan. The hitchhiker looks like a Vermetid snail.

coralreefertom

The tube hitch hiker is definitely a Vermetid Worm! They are not going to effect your coral and are a welcome addition to a reef tank as they feed on particulate matter suspended in the palegic areas of your tank. The coral in question looks like a species of Blastomussa Wellsi! Blasto Merletti has smaller heads than the wellsi!