I Need Pictures!!!!

puffy_1234

okay everyone... I need your help. I am gonna be getting my 100 gallon soon, and converting my little teeny tiny 30 gal, to my 100 gallon, n a few weeks... I wanna see some great pics so that I can get ideas on how to set it up, and make mine look awesome!!! Help me out here!!!
Thanks a billion, I LOVE YA ALL!!!

reef fool

I guess you were asking about rock setups. I like making caves and archways for the fish to swim through. Also the bottom in the back is pretty much open for fish to swim and hide if they wish. This is 150lbs of LR in a 125gal.

jumpfrog

You didn't say what kind of tank you plan on having. For reef I would think you would want a lot of rock work to allow caves, places for corals etc. If you're looking at bigger fish who need lots of swimming room, here's another example:

dfishh

bang guy, thats a really cool part of teh tank, u should put ur whole thing. how do ur rocks have so much good color, have they een in ur tank a while? u have lots of nice colonies of corals growing, my mushrooms keep giving me problems, i mite just give up on them altogether and just do FOWLR.
DAVE

bang guy

Originally posted by reef fool
Hey Bang Guy. Is that a big aptaisia in there?

Yes. That's Monstro. The largest Aiptasia I've ever seen. I follow the "Natural Reef" guidlines (within reason) and Aiptasia are part of that equation. Thankfully, so are Peppermint Shrimp :D
Closeup of Monstro:

puffy_1234

Thanks guys, tanks look great! I am looking to make it FOWLR, because all the other stuff is way too expensive for me right now, but who knows, maybe eventually...
Keep bringing in the pics!!!

seaham358

I'm like reef fool, I have caves and arches for the fish to swim around. The back has a lot of open space for the fish to swim around also.

puffy_1234

All you people are freakin awesome... I hope my new tank looks as good as all yours do. I can't wait, I am going to look at a 100 gal on tuesday, and hopefully it's the one. I'm so excited I feel like screaming....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep the pics soming, I'm getting some great ideas from you, with how they all look!

beefcake

Splash: that setup is awesome! I love how you made it viewable on both sides and managed to keep easy access to the top. Sharks!! Too cool !! :eek: