i need some help ladies

deejeff442

well my 10th anniversary is coming up in september.of course i need to get the ring.but i have been looking online before i go to a jeweler.to get an idea of what a 10th year ring looks like.i figured something with a bunch of smaller diamonds like 2 1/2-3 total carets.my piano teacher has one and it is very sweet.luckily the bunch of small diamonds compared to a 1+ carat is a whole lot less.i figure $2000-$3000 .i dont mind since she will have it the rest of her life.well if she can put up with me that much longer.
i am looking for a style you think a woman would like.white band,gold band,maybe a colored stone with the diamonds around it.i have no clue and no taste in jewelry.i dont wear one piece myself.i only wear my wedding ring when we go out of town.my job would destroy it in a day.
thank ladies i know you will come up with something for me.
jeff

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim http:///forum/thread/385425/i-need-some-help-ladies#post_3379809
Dont fall prey to the DeBeers myth that you have to buy diamonds!
True on that
BUTTTTTT...this is a very personal decision.....personally I hate cluster rings....I have a beautiful 3 stone ring....yellow gold ..
2 CT. T.W. Certified Diamond Three-Stone Past Present Future Ring in 14K Two-Tone Gold ......
IMO You can not go wrong with something like this...BUT.,....It is ONLY MY OPINION.....she may like ruby's or sapphires...or emeralds

darthtang aw

10 year anniversary ring? Who comes up with this crap? What do you get at the ten year mark.
Darth (wanted equal rights yet still buy us socks) Tang

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/385425/i-need-some-help-ladies#post_3379816
10 year anniversary ring? Who comes up with this crap? What do you get at the ten year mark.
Darth (wanted equal rights yet still buy us socks) Tang
LOL...OH ..I should have mentioned that my 3 stone was NOT purchased for any anniversary.....it was just cause.....LOL
I don;t believe in the it's this year so you need to buy that tradition

deejeff442

well for starts i better get a piece :O)
my wife likes anything .i like the ring you pictured meowser.its not so bulky like a cluster.
i actually looked at something like that so maybe thats the style to go with.
not to say my wife is so materialistic as to expect a ring but it seems like the thing to do.then i get another 10-15 years to worry about the next big one.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/385425/i-need-some-help-ladies#post_3379818
well for starts i better get a piece :O)
my wife likes anything .i like the ring you pictured meowser.its not so bulky like a cluster.
i actually looked at something like that so maybe thats the style to go with.
not to say my wife is so materialistic as to expect a ring but it seems like the thing to do.then i get another 10-15 years to worry about the next big one.
LOL....I have my wedding set, and this 3 stone ring.....that's all I will ever need.....I bet if you got something like that you won;t have to worry about "next time"
REMEMBER Diamonds appreciate......(is that the right word LOL) and never ever ever go out of style
Idk about your wife, but I have small hands, and clusters or bulky just look terrible...(plus I hate them) LOL

socal57che

ps...10 years came and went. No ring here, but my wife doesn't like rings "competing" with her wedding set. I've bought her rings, but she only wears them a couple weeks before they hit the shelf. Necklaces and pendants are a different story. She adores a nice diamond or sapphire pendant.

deejeff442

is that how ads work?
yea my wife is 5 foot 8 and 120 lbs.so she has long slender fingers.plus her engagement ring is preety stout and the 1 1/2 carat 1 year ring .now this .i can trade her in for a nice truck soon.
maybe i will just ask her what she would like.then go find it? not as much of a surprise but maybe she would like some color .its 4 months out so i would have plenty of time to go look around.
if i just throw a general question like what kind of ring you think about for 10 years?
maybe she would say just save your money NOT

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/385425/i-need-some-help-ladies#post_3379827
is that how ads work?
yea my wife is 5 foot 8 and 120 lbs.so she has long slender fingers.plus her engagement ring is preety stout and the 1 1/2 carat 1 year ring .now this .i can trade her in for a nice truck soon.
maybe i will just ask her what she would like.then go find it? not as much of a surprise but maybe she would like some color .its 4 months out so i would have plenty of time to go look around.
if i just throw a general question like what kind of ring you think about for 10 years?
maybe she would say just save your money NOT
Let me tell you this......I agree you should ask her....to make such a large purchase and NOT BE SURE would be silly
and as I said earlier....this is very personal....Just go to her and tell her what you had in mind...then go TOGETHER and browse

deejeff442

you are probably right .thanks.
actually i was thinking.the 1 year ring i bought is a solitaire it keeps turning on her hand.maybe we could just put that diamond in a better setting.thats what i did with her engagement ring.i bought the loose diamond and had it put in a solitaire and went with her to pick out the ring to put it in.her engagement ring is a heart shape 1.5 caret pretty neat looking shape.
now i need to find a jeweler.i have to ask around i dont want to just walk in the door of anywhere.the one year is just over a caret not 1.5 like i said earlier.
well i have a few months to look into it .
yea her taste in things compared to mine are way different so it would be the smart thing to do and go browsing.

S

smartorl

That sounds like a great idea. Maybe change the setting and add the smaller diamonds (or rubies, emeralds, or saphires).
My grandparents did this and it was always such a sweet gesture because while the ring was "new" most of the components were old and so it had history.
When grandma passed, we each got a pendant with a part of her ring, I cherish it because of the history.

deejeff442

years ago me,my brother and two cousins bought my grand mother a nice ring with each of our birth stones.funny because we all had different color stones.she never takes it off.
i am sure my wife would like the idea of putting the diamond in a nice setting .this way she has the one year and the ten year all in one. well i think thats the way to go.she likes wearing all the rings i get her so adding one more might be too much.
well i got my plan thanks everyone.

bigarn

they're selling a replica of kate's royal engagement ring on tv! only 19.90 while supplies last. Due to such great demand, limited to one per household ... Act Quick!!

bionicarm

Wait a minute. Didn't you just send her on a cruise? BTW, the traditional gift for your 10th anniversay is - Tin or aluminum. The pliability of tin and aluminum is a symbol of how a successful marriage needs to be flexible and durable and how it can be bent without being broken.
Nothin' says love like a new set of aluminum spinner wheels on the wife's car or truck.