I Ordered Them!!!

meowzer

Well I did it...I ordered 2 Yellow Reidi's tonight. 1 male, 1 female, from SWF. com. I will receive them Friday. I also ordered a bunch of frozen food (mysis++)....should be here Friday too....I am both excited and nervous...I'll let everyone who has been so helpful to me know how I make out.

meowzer

I am not the best pic taker...LOL...Do not have a top of the line digital, BUT I will do my best. I just got confirmation that my food will be arriving tomorrow, so that's good.
By the way....How long should I wait before I feed them? I know acclimation time is about 3 hours, but then what?

rykna

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2807942
I am not the best pic taker...LOL...Do not have a top of the line digital, BUT I will do my best. I just got confirmation that my food will be arriving tomorrow, so that's good.
By the way....How long should I wait before I feed them? I know acclimation time is about 3 hours, but then what?
Many people say it's best to wait and feed the next day. I prefer to feed with in the first hour. Seahorses do not have a stomach like we do. Their digestive track is one long tube. Their body absorbs what little nutrients it can from the food as it passes through their body. Hence why seahorse tank water quality deteriorates so quickly because of the excess excrement. The lack of a true stomach is also why it is so critical to make sure they are eating.
How are you at training your pets? Seahorses are very intelligent. Many of us "food dish train" our horses. I've done so with mine.
This is Aurora~

Sasha and Saphire~

Your horse will "train" you with in a week. Mine would always be hitched at the food bowl waiting to be served