I purchased new Horses

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/390256/i-purchased-new-horses#post_3455290
I wouldn't worry just yet. I have one female who thinks it's her life ambition to dance in front of the glass....she's ALWAYS there. At first I thought she was begging for food when she saw me, but I've peeked around the corner when she can't see me (yes, seriously!) and she still does it. I think she's enamored with her reflection.
Some horses are just more active than others.
Hey..stay close will you please...I feel better knowing your there in cyber space. the floater has settled way at the top clinging to the chiller output, so she llikes to be high in the tank I think. I will be a wreak until I'm sure they will eat.
I already tried because they seemed to be searching...when should I try again?
Whenever I see your tank, I drool...LOL...I love your wild horse. I know what you mean about be excited...I was so happy watching Teresa's babies mature that I could pop. I would bring visitors to my computer to see the babies pictures she posted. You have some of those little darlings now.

travelerjp98

Oh my gosh.... flower... they look AMAZING! I love how they go into the macro algae fields. Just spectacular! As with novahobbies, I actually got excited as if these were mine!

novahobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/390256/i-purchased-new-horses/20#post_3455298
Hey..stay close will you please...I feel better knowing your there in cyber space. the floater has settled way at the top clinging to the chiller output, so she llikes to be high in the tank I think. I will be a wreak until I'm sure they will eat.
LOL This is EXACTLY where my WC girl likes to hang out! There is a cord for a powerhead coming down next to the outlet pipe of the chiller, and the girl sits directly under the chiller output all day long. I guess she likes cold showers.....
About the feeding...did you leave the shrimp in the bowl, or did you suck it back up? If there is food floating around the tank, I wouldn't try feeding again until later this evening. If they have no interest in the bowl, you may need to feed them in the macro fields for a little while. Looks like they're more ingrained to "hunt." It's possible you may need to do the tweezers technique for a day or two...waving individual mysids in front of them. It's a pia, but it usually works.
And you shouldn't drool TOO much over my tank. I had to throw in the towel and use some red slime remover this week. I hate using chemicals, and I know it's just treating symptoms, but I don't know what else to do right now....the stuff was getting everywhere, and it's killing my acans! (My horses are fine, though!)

flower

I will be posting some more picture...they seem to be posing....I have one that is shy, hanging in the back columns, but the others all hang out in the front of the tank.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/390256/i-purchased-new-horses/20#post_3455396
YAYYYYYYY....So glad......I do the same thing....after acclimation of anything I add a tiny bit of food.....I am not truly happy until I see the newbies eat....LOL....
With seahorses it's a death sentence if they won't eat, I am sooooo releaved! They like the food dumped into the tank with pumps off...my others liked the feeding tube. These guys like to hunt, but not too hard..LOL...if the food was too far they let it sink. The biggest one even ate what floated on the top of the tank...he leaned way back and snicked the mysis right up. I didn't think they could eat from the surface. I took some pictures but I have to take Mother to the store so I will download them later. These guys like to swim all over, even up high in the tank. My erectus were in that 30g tank so long they never left the floor of the tank even when I switched the tall 56g.
Today is a good day.

S

siptang

Wow!!! looking awesome!!!
I love it! What is that pink flower looking thing in the pillars? and did you seed those macro algae or something? Looking VERY natural and I love it.

tirtza

Congratulations on your new babies! It sounds like the place that you got them from is really responsible, I like that in a store.
Quote:
the box was marked live seahorses and I think he made my stop first on his list, God Bless him.
That's awesome that the delivery guy did that!
I have the same question as Siptang, what is the red/pink flower growing on the columns? What are the green plants growing in there as well?
Keep up the great work with the seahorses, I'll have to live vicariously through you. Post lots and lots of pictures.

flower

More pictures!
The "pink" is a macro algae called Halymenia Sp. I also have Botryocladia...both were part of a red macro algae starter pack...that one is all over and it builds on itself..it looks like roses to me and I really like it.
The green is called Prolifera, it is a type of Caulerpa that looks like sea grass...the horses love it, and they also love the pavalon and columns which is covered in the red macro as well.
LOL...all in a row

Horse hitching to some botryocladia

Just below the horse on the left is another macro called Gracilaria Tikvahiae

You can kind of see the speckles on him in this pic

I don't think it's such a smooth body horse like the book says ...LOL

All proud and posed perfect

The feamle finally decided to come out to play...she hid in the back all afternoon

She has some speckles to show too

S

siptang

I might order that with my gift certificate lol.
Now I want a seahorse tank... T_T