I smoke crack everyday!!

T

tizzo

Mc D's is a tough one to over come but ironically once you do, it all of a sudden deemed "nasty"
Here's how I figure it. The foods you eat, raise your blood sugar levels. I'm not talking diabetic levels, just a normal rise. But as your sugar levels drop, you feel hungry. It's not a "real" hungry though, it's one of those..."I'm hungry but I don't know what I want" types of hunger.
Anyway, McD's is the ultimate blood sugar rush and what your addicted to is the high levels.
Once you eat better and they come down and stay down, you won't want it anymore.
So... Before you leave work, drink a full glass of water and eat an apple. You will still crave the McD's but not nearly as much and after 3 days, the cravings will be gone.
After 2 weeks, (If your other eating habits are very good) then the whole smell of McD's will disgust you.

T

tizzo

An apple is high in sugar, but it is released into your bloodstream very slowly, so as it enters your body, your pretty much burning it up, so your sugar levels won't rise.
Pasta, bread rice... those are all foods that spike the blood sugar. All foods that, an hour after eating you think your hungry again, cause your BSL's dropped quickly.
Eat foods that keep it low, and you will be good.

crimzy

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2607605
Mc D's is a tough one to over come but ironically once you do, it all of a sudden deemed "nasty"
Here's how I figure it. The foods you eat, raise your blood sugar levels. I'm not talking diabetic levels, just a normal rise. But as your sugar levels drop, you feel hungry. It's not a "real" hungry though, it's one of those..."I'm hungry but I don't know what I want" types of hunger.
Anyway, McD's is the ultimate blood sugar rush and what your addicted to is the high levels.
Once you eat better and they come down and stay down, you won't want it anymore.
So... Before you leave work, drink a full glass of water and eat an apple. You will still crave the McD's but not nearly as much and after 3 days, the cravings will be gone.
After 2 weeks, (If your other eating habits are very good) then the whole smell of McD's will disgust you.

Good advice. Will you be my sponsor? What are the rest of the 12 steps?
I started this thread tongue in cheek. But you all are probably right... I should quit this.
Getting older stinks. When I was 20, I would eat, ingest or inhale pretty much anything. I would give in to pretty much any temptation and go to the shady-est places. As I've gotten older, I slowly eliminated all my vices. And despite all the responsibility that I've acquired I have learned just one thing... hedonism was a great way to live.

T

tizzo

The older you get the easier it is to get stuck on bad habits. I learned that myself. I NEVER even thought abut junk food growing up, now it's like being an alcoholic. I think about it all the time, I just gotta stay away from it.
Sucks.
I just put my mom on a 12 step program, LOL... So I actually have one. Be careful what you ask for LOL!!

aquaknight

For all those still on crack, be sure to get your Southern Style Chicken FREE at McDonald's tomorrow (Thurs.) only. The breakfast biscuit is free with a med or lg drink from 7am-10:30am and the chicken sandwich is free with a med. or lg drink from 10:30am till 7pm. Enjoy!

crimzy

Well, today was supposed to be my first day of recovery. However my wife showed up at my office with lunch... Wendys.
She's such an enabler. Or maybe she wants to kill me with fast food and get the life insurance $.

So I'm stuffing my face as I type this... getting grease on the keyboard.
Some relapse...

imurnamine

That's not true.
I worked there for almost a year in high school, and it made me want to eat there more often.
I went up to maybe 137 lbs, and I'm normally 132, so 5 lbs isn't a bad increase. I ate it like... twice a day, five days a week... Extra mayonaise on my Premium Chicken Club, too.
Maybe I kept the weight off with the fact I did dance and cheerleading and crap... but whatever, I ate there like crazy!

bruner54

really, cause everyone ive talked to that worked there say they wont eat it ever again but i guess its different for everybody

T

tizzo

Well add me to the list with Imurnamine, cause I worked there for about a year also, and one thing I learned for sure was that you CAN mix and match ingredients.
Like 1/2 orange juice and 1/2 vanilla shake makes a nice dreamsicle shake. And putting the dehydrated onions (like on the double chz) on the 1/4 pounder...mmmm

Yup, I worked there and never got sick of it.
I do however get sick of the good for you stuff like eggs and broccoli. a year ago, I loved those 2 foods.

imurnamine

http:///forum/post/2609373
Well add me to the list with Imurnamine, cause I worked there for about a year also, and one thing I learned for sure was that you CAN mix and match ingredients.
Like 1/2 orange juice and 1/2 vanilla shake makes a nice dreamsicle shake. And putting the dehydrated onions (like on the double chz) on the 1/4 pounder...mmmm

Yup, I worked there and never got sick of it.
I do however get sick of the good for you stuff like eggs and broccoli. a year ago, I loved those 2 foods.

Yeah!!!!
I used to make new stuff all of the time, and I loved it when the shake machine would run over the cups, because my manager would let me take them to the big freezer in the back and let me take them home that night!
One night I went home with four milkshakes!

stdreb27

When I worked at pappa johns you'd be amazed what we'd do with a pizza! We used to take those thin crusts soak them in garlic butter layer up 3 layers of them with garlic butter and cheese, then make a pizza on top! Oh glorious!

nyyankeees

Tizzo is right, I haven't eaten at McDonald's in months and no longer care to. I go there all the time to use the "Red Box" movie rental thing and buying their food while I'm there never even crosses my mind, plus I'm probably one of the only people in America that hates french fries! Anyway.... don't fool yourself, EVERYTHING at McD's is bad for you, unless you eat a grilled chicken salad with no dressing. Even LF and FF dressings are bad for you they replace the fat with sugar. High fructose corn syrup is liquid death!

nyyankeees

http:///forum/post/2607612
An apple is high in sugar, but it is released into your bloodstream very slowly, so as it enters your body, your pretty much burning it up, so your sugar levels won't rise.
Pasta, bread rice... those are all foods that spike the blood sugar. All foods that, an hour after eating you think your hungry again, cause your BSL's dropped quickly.
Eat foods that keep it low, and you will be good.

It's called the glycemic index, foods that enter the blood stream slowly have lower GIs. Google it.

crimzy

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2615081
mmm crimzy I've been to Micky D's 3 times since you mentioned something.

Did you leave some food for the rest of us??

Actually, I haven't eaten fast food since last Thursday when I posted. However I did chow on half a bag of Doritos the other night.