I think I figured out what my "anemones" are

noodlemmy

Could they be white ball corallimorphs?? I found a thread on them while looking for info on coralline algae. https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/201915/please-help-with-id
My "baby anemones" look exactly like the ones pictured in the thread... No question. The bigger one (attached very blurry and low quality photo!!) looks kind of this pic I found online but with white and smaller tips instead of orange.

I don't know if the "babies" and the big one are even the same species, but the little ones are definately what the other user posted about in the mentioned thread.
Should I be trying to feed these guys? Are the beneficial or neutral (hopefully not bad!!)? Do I have to worry about anyone eating them or them eating anyone else? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info about them online.

noodlemmy

I guess it could be considering the variation within the species that maybe I just haven't found the right photo yet, but I still don't think it looks even similar like these...

Majano

Aiptasia
I'll try to get a better photo of mine to post. That one I have is so crappy!!
I have seen the aiptasia on other store's live rock but never at the store I work at, which is where I bought my chunk. The owner of the store got my rock along with about 10 more pieces of it from someone's tank he cleaned that was tearing it down forever. They had it set up for years. Some of the rocks had big chunks of yellow sponge, a lot of featherdusters, plenty of coralline, the corallimorphs, but my piece of rock was the only one that had the mystery things on it. After a period of time wouldn't all of the rocks be overpopulated by it if it was a pest?
I've also read that the aiptasia creep around to leave pieces of themselves which sprout into new ones, but mine are very firmly planted. One pair of the bigger "things" are embedded into the live rock so that only the face and transparent tentacles are exposed. They're not down in a hole or anything, it's like they either have no trunk or else the trunk is burrowed into the rock.
I have 5 of the things total over one piece of rock. Two are right next to each other touching on one top corner of the rock, the biggest is alone on the right hand corner about 6" away, and the other 2 are also touching but are hanging from under the rock about 2" from the big solitary one.
They never try to reach out to fish, snails, crabs, etc. They close up when one bumps into them. When I give pieces of food to them it sticks on them arms and then the arms very slowly move it towards the center. The movement is hardly even detectable.
If it was either of the pest anemones, do those usually appear along with corallimorphs?
Sorry if I'm annoying anyone :( I'm just really worried about finding out what they really are because I don't want something harmful later down the road.

pclown

If yours look like the first photo then they are jewel Anemones and are not a bad thing. You dont need to feed them they are filter feeders.

washowi

Kill it. you don't want it to spread. Looks like aptasia to me. Only anemone in the tank are the ones we put in there.

bang guy

They are not Coralimorphs. The animal in the picture is commonly called Hidden Cup Coral - Astrangia sp. It's a Stony coral that requires feeding but it doesn't have any light requirement (ahermatypic).

bang guy

The coral in your picture is not a Coralimorph. The animal in the picture is commonly called Hidden Cup Coral - Astrangia sp. It's a Stony coral that requires feeding but it doesn't have any light requirement (ahermatypic).