I thought this was very Cool

bang guy

{copied from another BB}
I received a call from the local Veteran's Club asking me to come down for a few pints on the house before heading for the fireworks display {on the 4th of July}. When I arrived (free beer - woot!!) I saw my dad and of course a whole lotta other vets. The commander (term for Club Manager) asked us to follow him out back. The club and a whole lotta volunteers surprised us with what they called the "Walk of Honor". I thought that was really nice all decorated up like that, then we noticed the names engraved on the bricks.
I found ours, mine of the left (Gardner Comstock), my grandfather's in the middle and my fathers on the right. I never had the opportunity to meet my grandfather but I'm very happy his memory is there for the people that knew him well. I hear a lot from the old timers about what a great man he was.
I just thought I'd share....

bang guy

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I can speak for myself, my father, and my grandfather - we truly feel honored to have been able to serve you and our country.

hot883

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I can speak for myself, my father, and my grandfather - we truly feel honored to have been able to serve you and our country.
Even though I am a 20 year retired vet., I still thank you for your service.