I Told You So...

t316

Story....
My wife is eating at a local food joint when a (white) guy comes in yelling "if you have a blue mini-van, it just got hit". So wifey and her Dad run outside, only to see a (black) male trying to drive away. They get in front of the car and stop him, show him the damage, and naturally he plays it off as "I didn't even know I hit it".
Turns out, he was backing out of a parking spot and sideswiped the whole rear quarter panel, from in front of the rear tire all the way to the bumper.
Guy says, "no problem, just call me....I'll take care of it". Luckily, wifey says "no, I'll call the po-po just for a report".
Cop shows up, only does an information exchange form. She gets home, I say..."this is going to be a problem".
This was two months ago. Take a guess where I'm at now...

U

usirchchris

Insurance isn't helping at all? That stinks...is court an option?

reefraff

If it happened on private property all the cop can do is the information exchange. I assume your insurance company doesn't want to pay and neither does his and you both happen to be insured by the same company.

t316

Insurance.....let's go ahead and jump to that.
My wife was instructed to (as in any incident) to call our insurance company on Monday morning. She does, and they say "no...you need to call HIS insurance company". So she calls his insurance company, and they say..."we are sorry, he has not had coverage since February".....

reefraff

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/3176840
Insurance.....let's go ahead and jump to that.
My wife was instructed to (as in any incident) to call our insurance company on Monday morning. She does, and they say "no...you need to call HIS insurance company". So she calls his insurance company, and they say..."we are sorry, he has not had coverage since February".....

Don't you have uninsured coverage? It should have automatically kicked in and handled everything. You should also check with your state's DMV. I imagine there is a way to report the fact the douche didn't have insurance. Isn't going to do anything but perhaps cause him a little misery.

sandman181

My friend rear ended a girl and she has a suspended license, figure that one out. Which means she has no insurance either. Horrible world.

jp30338

http:///forum/post/3176826
Story....
My wife is eating at a local food joint when a (white) guy comes in yelling "if you have a blue mini-van, it just got hit". So wifey and her Dad run outside, only to see a (black) male trying to drive away. They get in front of the car and stop him, show him the damage, and naturally he plays it off as "I didn't even know I hit it".
Turns out, he was backing out of a parking spot and sideswiped the whole rear quarter panel, from in front of the rear tire all the way to the bumper.
Guy says, "no problem, just call me....I'll take care of it". Luckily, wifey says "no, I'll call the po-po just for a report".
Cop shows up, only does an information exchange form. She gets home, I say..."this is going to be a problem".
This was two months ago. Take a guess where I'm at now...

So where does the (white) (black) fit in???? You have something against (black) people?

meowzer

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3176844
Don't you have uninsured coverage? It should have automatically kicked in and handled everything.
You should also check with your state's DMV. I imagine there is a way to report the fact the douche didn't have insurance. Isn't going to do anything but perhaps cause him a little misery.
+1.....I always make sure I have that....it seems like I always get hit by someone with no insurance
....also with full coverage...your insurance company should NEVER tell you to call theirs
Thats what you pay THEM for!!!!

crimzy

Originally Posted by jp30338
http:///forum/post/3176991
So where does the (white) (black) fit in???? You have something against (black) people?
Lmao... I was thinking the same thing...

How did the assailant/victim's races play any role in your story? Are you suggesting that these qualities are typical of the races or were they just mentioned for entertainment value? Please elaborate.

mastertech

i bet he is just painting a picture. i dont think the color of the van is of much importance either but its in there. why did you not own a red van? whats wrong with red vans.
(boy o boy some people just need drama)

9supratt4

I own an insurance agency here in NJ. As everyone has said...if you have Uninsured/Underinsured coverage, just call your company back and tell them that you called his company and they said he has not had coverage since February and they should cover the costs of the damage....minus your deductible of course.

jp30338

Originally Posted by mastertech
http:///forum/post/3177010
i bet he is just painting a picture. i dont think the color of the van is of much importance either but its in there. why did you not own a red van? whats wrong with red vans.
(boy o boy some people just need drama)

OO yea, thats it, of course...

b/c the (white) guy actually said "blue mini-van" in order to identify the correct owner of the mini-van that was hit...
why was it not typed out like (blue) mini-van?

crypt keeper

In maryland you can go down to the police station/comminsioners office. He had to write up a report. That is their job. In Maryland driving without insurance is crime. They go out and arrest the person involved in the accident and charge them with driving without insurance. Then they will asses any damages owed to you. I cant believe you rinsurance company wont pay for it. I would raise hell.

t316

I'm getting to the black/white thing...hold tight. And yes, I have uninsured coverage but wasn't wanting to go there just yet, but might.
So after hearing that he has no insurance, I talk to a friend of mine that does detailing for a few dealerships. He said that for about $200 he could get "most" of the scratches out. He said it wouldn't look like new, there were a couple of gouges that would not come out but it would look pretty good.
I call the guy and say look, you obviously have no insurance, not sure why you lied (maybe as to not get a ticket), but I'm not looking to back door you. If I were to take the van to the Honda dealership, I suspect it would end up being over 1K to replace that entire panel (parts/labor). I said if you just pay the $200, I'm happy.
He says no problem, can I have until the 15th.
15th comes/goes, I call him back. "I'll mail it". So I gave him the address (again). Couple weeks and 10-15 phone calls....no money. I tell him that if he doesn't pay, I'm going to just turn it back over to the local police that responded and let them deal with it. He insist he has a cashiers check, wants to meet that next Sat. I send my wife to the shopping center we agree upon, at the time he states, she waits 45 mins. and no show.
This time wifey calls and leaves him a message to just not worry about it, hubby will let police deal with it. He calls back and says he must have been a little late. (You think...%%) I was nice, but insist that I'm tired of dealing with the runaround. Now he goes into a spill about him being black and us "white folk" just trying to s.crew him out of something he didn't even do

(more later)

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3177057
I'm getting to the black/white thing...hold tight. And yes, I have uninsured coverage but wasn't wanting to go there just yet, but might.
So after hearing that he has no insurance, I talk to a friend of mine that does detailing for a few dealerships. He said that for about $200 he could get "most" of the scratches out. He said it wouldn't look like new, there were a couple of gouges that would not come out but it would look pretty good.
I call the guy and say look, you obviously have no insurance, not sure why you lied (maybe as to not get a ticket), but I'm not looking to back door you. If I were to take the van to the Honda dealership, I suspect it would end up being over 1K to replace that entire panel (parts/labor). I said if you just pay the $200, I'm happy.
He says no problem, can I have until the 15th.
15th comes/goes, I call him back. "I'll mail it". So I gave him the address (again). Couple weeks and 10-15 phone calls....no money. I tell him that if he doesn't pay, I'm going to just turn it back over to the local police that responded and let them deal with it. He insist he has a cashiers check, wants to meet that next Sat. I send my wife to the shopping center we agree upon, at the time he states, she waits 45 mins. and no show.
This time wifey calls and leaves him a message to just not worry about it, hubby will let police deal with it. He calls back and says he must have been a little late. (You think...
) I was nice, but insist that I'm tired of dealing with the runaround. Now he goes into a spill about him being black and us "white folk" just trying to s.crew him out of something he didn't even do

(more later)
I don't know why you are even bothering. The moment he played the race card, I'd been calling the cops. Then I would have goaded him, and said, I hope the cops go Rodney King on you. bahahaha

t316

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3177062
I don't know why you are even bothering. The moment he played the race card, I'd been calling the cops. Then I would have goaded him, and said, I hope the cops go Rodney King on you. bahahaha
Careful...the egotistical, cry-foul biggot up above with the baby avatar will be on you claiming you are a racist...

t316

So I let the first race comment go, and ignore it. He proceeds to claim that the "whitey" who reported him made it all up and he's the one who really hit..."I saw him do it, he's framing me cuz I'm black". The comments go on and on but you get the gist.
I say "really, well the shopping center has it on tape, I have a copy. Would you like for me to mail it to you?" That ended the denial IMMEDIATELY (even though I have no tape, nor do I know anything about the shopping center having a camera
) Long story short, he admits it, and again says he will mail the check. I say forget it and call the cops back (already left 2 messages with them, but supposedly the only one who can help me is the officer who came out the first time).
Finally get another officer to call me back. He calls the guy and gets the sob story of no money right now..."but I had insurance at the time, not sure why they are saying I didn't".
That's where it stands right now, cop is waiting for him to bring in proof of insurance from the date of the incident, or they will be citing him for "willful operation of a motor vehicle without insurance" or something like that. I suppose I will never see any money from him. Yes, I could file on my uninsured motorist, but it just irks me to have anything like this on my policy due to some scumbag like this who's riding around with no insurance, and who could care less when someone was trying to help them out...

rigdon87

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3177062

http:///forum/post/3177099
Careful...the egotistical, cry-foul biggot up above with the baby avatar will be on you claiming you are a racist...

blahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
On the floor!
By the way whats so wrong about being racist.?
theres blacks against whites,whites against blacks,yellows are in there somewhere too
It doesnt matter what color you are, Its a fact of life everbody hates each other...

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3177106
So I let the first race comment go, and ignore it. He proceeds to claim that the "whitey" who reported him made it all up and he's the one who really hit..."I saw him do it, he's framing me cuz I'm black". The comments go on and on but you get the gist.
I say "really, well the shopping center has it on tape, I have a copy. Would you like for me to mail it to you?" That ended the denial IMMEDIATELY (even though I have no tape, nor do I know anything about the shopping center having a camera
) Long story short, he admits it, and again says he will mail the check. I say forget it and call the cops back (already left 2 messages with them, but supposedly the only one who can help me is the officer who came out the first time).
Finally get another officer to call me back. He calls the guy and gets the sob story of no money right now..."but I had insurance at the time, not sure why they are saying I didn't".
That's where it stands right now, cop is waiting for him to bring in proof of insurance from the date of the incident, or they will be citing him for "willful operation of a motor vehicle without insurance" or something like that. I suppose I will never see any money from him. Yes, I could file on my uninsured motorist, but it just irks me to have anything like this on my policy due to some scumbag like this who's riding around with no insurance, and who could care less when someone was trying to help them out...

Well that is why you pay those extra 10 dollars a month or whatever it costs. Personally and this is just me. I wouldn't try to wring money out of him. Just make the government do the wringing with the charges. It is going to hurt him more than it is going to hurt you. It isn't going to be worth the hassle and your time to try and get the 200 bucks. I'd just give him a good butt chewing for being well, stupid.

crimzy

http:///forum/post/3177099

U, a racist T316???

Hey bro... call me when you make it out of the trailor park. I'll teach you how to speak correctly.