I would love your hitchhiker opinion.

thebeadlady

I liked the site...
I love that you have 2 views
So far since I started in this hobby I've noticed that there are things that happen to some people and the next person has better or worse luck.
I hope people remember it's a guide line...depends on what you want from your tank....
My 2 cents worth...

cranberry

Originally Posted by vinny p
http:///forum/post/2969528
ps: add more sponges, please :)
Would it be acceptable to include more pictures within the "Read More" section?
Originally Posted by thebeadlady

http:///forum/post/2969514
So far since I started in this hobby I've noticed that there are things that happen to some people and the next person has better or worse luck.
I hope people remember it's a guide line...depends on what you want from your tank....
My 2 cents worth...
Totally agree. Like with the asterina... different people feel totally different about them. I hope to touch on both sides of the fence in the "Read More" sections. And amphipods... traditonally a good guy but can be problematic in greater numbers. If you keep a fish like a Frondosa, which I do, they can be problematic because they can climb in and out of the fishes anus causing discomfort and stress.
I think there are 10 lines of thought for every topic in this hobby.

renogaw

i've got one request if possible...
there are two scroll bars, and i was like... wow that's weird... why is it still loading but i cannot go down further. any way to make the scroll bar inside the website go away and just make it one scroll bar?
also... you have everything listed as sundials :p (...dodges the thrown mouse...)

cranberry

Do you mean do away with the page within the page type feature? I'll have a little intro in there describing how it works. But it really helps with the load delay because of the number of photos.

renogaw

yea... i didn't put the mouse over the inner page and went to scroll down and couldn't. that always bothers me.

Awesome site Cranberry. I now know what I have in my tank. It's like one-stop shopping for hitch hiker id's. Keep up the good work!

cranberry

TY very much.
I plan on hitting just the more common ones.... or more commonly heard of. I don't want to jumble it up with critters you'll possibly never see.
I honestly appreciate y'all opinions. I've had this in my mind (and my harddrive) for years and only now am learning how to put it together.

txfishman

I would also just throw in some polyps like zoo's and paly's. Many of the people newer to the hobby have no clue what they are.

cranberry

I just don't want to be too many that are irrelevant or super rare so that it is too much to scroll through.

vinny p

y not, you are going through the trouble already, so u might as well do it up. just make a new section called 'rare' or w/e. i say go all or nothing :)

mpdan

hey cranberry your site has already helped just found what i think is polychaeta Dorvilleidae on a new piece of lr can you tell me where to find more info on them the one in my tank is so thin like a thread but 6-7 inches long way to small to take a pic but looks just like it i think