Ians Yardwork Finnex and Frag tank!

clownfish11

I think im gonna do that same exact setup if thats okay with you? I might sell my 55 for that setup I LOVE IT!

dplantz

Ok an update I need to redo the plymbing or something because today the water is in the bottom of my stand.
I got a Aqua C Urchin skimmer though, and that cheered me up. And it was a steal at 65$ with a MJ1200.

crypt keeper

Pretty sweet set-ups. Is that a crib? Also Im sure you have been asked a million times. what type of Clam is that in your avatar? Easy or hard to take care of?

dplantz

Ill have some pics soon, still no new additions though, just some mods to the tank. Thats my bed next to the tank accually. I will have to mod the back chamber with a custom top so the frag tanks offline for awhile. Also my Finnex light broke for the second time with the same problem
So thats to be shipped out

The clam in my avatar is a rare Black and White Maximia, they are VERY expensive. Google ezcompanys aquapod for the tank it was in. These are the jewels of ORA clams.

dplantz

Ok an update, I took out the Mag5 and the overflow, these two tanks will now be seperate. I am going to get a Tunze 9002 for the Finnex, and the urchin will stay in the frag tank. The finnex has a built in fuge, and the Large HOT fuge will stay on the frag tank. I think this is in my best interest really, as many problems could arise while I was gone with the overflow/pump. October 8th was my B day, and my parents got me a 100$ gift card to Drmac, so ill be getting 20 zoa frags in about 2-3 weeks! Just need some other stuff sold, bought, ect. As I said above my Finnex T5 broke so i sent it in and will have some new pics soon. There are now 144 frag tiles in my frag tank, eagerly awaiting frags lol. I will probabley frag the shrooms out of my main tank, and clip some of the zoas from my frag pack and grow them (when they arrive). Them the Clams and SPS, then LPS will come lol.
Oh and I got a new Phoenix 14k bulb in and I like the color. I also re- aquascaped, hope you like! I made it so I could have a top shelf for sps, and a cove for some clams. Also some lower flat rocks for rics, zoas, lps, the works!
I did want you guys and gals opinions on what type of korilia I should have for the DT (I will add 2). I will be making a custom flow system for my frag tank, where a pipe will have several holes in the side, pointed at the frags and fed by a MJ1200. Hows that sound?

subielover

Sick set-up, really really nice
I love finnex tanks, probably be my next one
Can't wait to see it full of coral

dplantz

Well I just ran to the mail and I got another 100$ from my granny (my once a year B day fortune). Might have to splurge on some clams and sps
. I'll make sure I can keep SPS before clams though.
Have to upload some pcitures of my babies, they were running in there sleep after their usual eat till they drop lunch hour.

dplantz

Some more picture and update! I should be saving a clam locally as it is being sold as the "brown and dark brown 3" clam, not the purple kind". Lol, and he said that it was fine under Pc's, but he has only had it for 1 week. Whatever score for me
Heres some more pictures anyway.
Theres my Falco hawkfish, my first fragging experiment, FTS, Various others

nwdyr

VERY cool set-up!!!!! Good to see a kid working hard to save for something he wants
good for you and it looks G-R-E-A-T