ICECAP vs JBJ

cmonkey

I was looking for a serious lighting upgrade sometime in the near future and I have received various feedback from several sources. As of right now I am decieding between the Formosa Deluxe 260W and the ICECAP 660. All I have right now is LR but i want to eventually get some corals and a clam. I was leaning toward the 660's but by LFS is trying to convince me to get some pc's because you don't have to change the bulbs as much. Can you please give me some feedback, experences or other suggestions. Thanks!

cmonkey

Thanks for the input guys, I just don't want to have to buy something twice. Any other input is appreciated. Thanks!

bang guy

Originally posted by Cmonkey
Thanks for the input guys, I just don't want to have to buy something twice. Any other input is appreciated. Thanks!

FYI - If you buy the IceCap 660 with VHO you can always change your mind and switch to PC. The IceCap will run either. You can even mix & match. ie PC daylight and VHO Actinic at the same time. The 660 will also run the new T-5 bulbs as well.

cmonkey

Right now all I am using are some cheap lights from my freshwater days. It works for now but needs to be upgraded.