ID and care help please

enomadra

I found this guy and wanted to know what kind of star he is, and what he eats, do's and don't, and maybe how to feed him if using store bought food?
Thanks,
OH and my SeaPen has adapted great. It comes out durring the day and then goes under the sand come night time. I'll post some more pictures of it in my other post tonight.

enomadra

Yep that would be found like hitch hiker. I saw him for the first time last night. Hey Bang what it carrion? Is it something that all reef tanks have by default or is it something I can add:confused: .
Well I know that I have at least one more hitchhiker star in there. It is a tiger striped serpent star and I saw it about two months ago on a rock, but it was only about 1/4" in diameter. I was surprised that I even saw it.

stapler

How much rock did you buy? Didnt the LFS see those on the LR? I wish I got a hitchhiker like that.

enomadra

Only a couple of rocks at my LFS. It was very busy at the time I went in, and the guy just bagged it up with out looking. I did not even see it when I put the rock in the tank.:D

tonya-sr

WOW! thats beautiful, it kind of looks like a Elegant sea star, they are ornamental, reef safe. if it is the Elegant. :notsure: but if it is, there herbivorous, carnivorous,detritivore.
but if it isn't, it's still a beautiful hitchhiker.

enomadra

will it eat other stuff than just dead and decaying things? If so what? and what kind of dead and decaying thing would their be for it to eat????fish poop???:notsure:

tonya-sr

the book i read abouy the Elegant sea star, says keep with live rock, from which they graze algae and microorganisms, that is (if) it is a Elegant sea star.

freeride7

how big is that hitchhiker star?
I found something similar in my tank...it actually didn't even move for like 3 days, then with my back turned it moved and now it has found a spot in the LR it hangs out in....