Id Help Please!!!

loopy101

hello everyone! was wondering if some one would be willing to help me id the mushroom in this picture? and also the polyp in the lower right hand in the picture! the polyp looks like it might be growing out another stock off the lower right of the stock. the lvs through in these guys on a clean up crew and never really told me what kind of mushroom it is. and its getting to be around 3 inches round now. was debating on attempting my first frag!!! but thought i better know what it is exactly so i can research it before i start!! thanks in advance for any help yall can give me!!!
paul

symon

Looks like a purple pimple mushroom to me, but the other i think is a manjo, do a google on both. If it is a manjo kill it!

loopy101

are the manjo a bad type of mushroom to have??? if it is i reckon i should prolly find me a new lvs......

reefforbrains

Majano are pests to the tank. They spread quickly and are agressive to other tank mates.
The pic you have is NOT of a Majano. Your pic shows a mushroom that already looks like it will be splitting on its own soon.
The small single polyp growing to the bottom right is often a desired addittion. They can be agressive like any other coral but NOT a pest. Google or search the site for different zoanthids and I am sure you will be pleasantly relieved.
Good luck and I woudn't go chopping or killing either of the two items. Enjoy them and hopefully they will grow and spread in harmless fashion on thier own.

loopy101

first off want to say thank you for the info!!! to all of you!! greatly apriecated! and as far as the polyps or palys ya call them when first putting them into the tank couple months ago i was bad and didnt use cloves.. i didnt get stung or anything that i know of so ....i do use cloves now when touching corals. i guess when the lvs took them out of there frag tank he wasnt using gloves so i never though about wearing them. i am going to google all of what yall suggested just so i know for sure what manjo is. will be a good learning exsperience for me either way. but gotta say when the first guy said if manjo kill it! my heart sank ... i dont want to kill anything in my tank! well atleast not yet!!! but thanks again guys!