id please

cranberry

My guess would be byropsis from afar. Can you pluck some of those branches off and get a pic of it against a white piece of paper.... of just a closer picture. I don't think I've ever seen it that dense. Look how that stuff is just tunneling in the sand. Holy Root System Batman!

cranberry

Oh ya, that's byropsis. That's a pretty good case of it too.
If you could take those rocks out and prune it back, that would be best for the herbivores you may want to look into getting. That's gonna be a tough one to overcome.
I would probably ditch those rocks to a dark bucket for a very long time.

smidree

oh great any good ideas on how to get rid of it? prolly just pulling it out when ever it pops up
lol

cranberry

I would take those main ones out, carefully prune down the stuff on the big rocks and get some critters that love byprosis. What do you have in the tank already?

smidree

2 False Percula Clownfish
1 Purple Pseudochromis
1 Shrimpgoby - Yellow Watchman
1 Sebae Anemone - White
3 Emerald Crab
1 Sally Lightfoot
blue leg hermits
Jade Hermits
1 Dolabella Sea Hare
2 Peppermint Shrimp
Nassarius Snails
Nerite Snails
1 Brittle Starfish
i think thats it

cranberry

I'm not sure if the hare will eat it or not. You'll have to report back to me on that one :) But pluck it down first very carefully. I don't think he would do much with that rock infested with it, if there's just too much or if it's too tough, they seems not to really touch it.
A lettuce nudi will eat it. I tried one once and it looked like it starved to death before the byropsis was gone. My tank only had a few strands so I was surprised when he didn't eat it.

smidree

the hare he will not touch it was just looking up things that will eat it i got the hare alittle while back for hair algae he is doing great keeping that down was thinking about the Lettuce Nudibranch maybe take out the rock that dosent have zoos on it and like you sugested put them in a bucket for a couple of days then cut back the other til i get the Lettuce Nudibranch hopefully that will take care of it do you think 1 will do the trick i dont want to get more and starve them?

cranberry

I would remove the rocks.... for as long as it took to get rid of that. And that will take much longer than a couple of days.
Yea, I would go with just one nudi.

teresaq

The only thing I know of that will eat it is lettus nudi branch. I had that crap. I pulled out what I could and added a few nudis.
T

cranberry

But those couple in the front... pull them out. They will spread even before you can get a handle on it receding. Also take some of the gravel that the runners are going through. I'm very laid back traditionally when it comes to nuisance algae. I have some byropsis right now in one of my tanks. It's been there forever. But yours really looks thick... some of the thickest I've seen, and looks oh so easy to remove the entire rock in th epic. If it's not so easy to remove, and that's just the look of the pic, we'll have to go at it another way.

smidree

well so far i have taken the rocks out from the front and i read on another site i put the rocks in the freezer i read that it is easier to remove and kills it quick also tried pulling some off while i had it out came up like a carpet lol so another 36 hours ill pull it out of the freezer and scrape it off also gonna try to scrape some off the base rock tomorrow or when i get home hopefully it works wish me luck but got most of it out so far on a side note had some bubble algae on some of the rocks
so that will be gone also
most of the runners came up with the rocks and pulled the rest out

smidree

well froze the rocks for 48 hours wasnt any easier to pull all that stuff off but cleaned a ton of it off hopefully got enough for now we shall see got to put together an order for the nudibranch hopefully that gets the rest of it