ID this thing? (PIC)

j21kickster

Originally posted by Ilovetangs
where did you get the lr or coral whatever it is. because my dad might be right. the sand from the african desert might be affecting the lr and corals in the atlantic ocean. let me know please

Fiji- and you missed me on that one- something about sand in africa growing pink things on my liverock:confused: :p who is your pappi?

j21kickster

i havent ruled out algae 100% but im pretty sure that it is some species of animal- i looked up the Dicoyota algae you mentioned- most were types of green algae that had a much different structure

j21kickster

that is the closest picture i've seen yet but im sure that isnt it- it dosent have the circulat pattern- it isnt folded, the layers are flat- mine has spots of orange, and mine is slightly frilled on the edges- I appreciate you looking for me!:)

j21kickster

the rock that it came on was housed in a tank with about 20 yellow cucumbers- ( the small filter feeding ones) and since you are talking nudi eggs-...... just mabye

iceburger

hmmmm, possibly a new type of organism never before discovered????? hey at this point anything's possible :D
my best bet would be to post this pic at all those "other" messege boards and see if anyone there knows anything about it...
looks very interesting to say the least

richard rendos

While researching this stuff, I have found something interesting. According to Ohio University, Spirulina is actually one form of Cyanobacteria. Could the problems some people are having with cyano be stemmed from feeding a lot of food that has Spirulina in it?