Id??

T

tizzo

I seen them in the keys... Alls I knew was not to touch them.

veni vidi vici

Great....they are poping up all over my tank.Probably gonna have a problem with them stinging my coral and more importantly me.

ophiura

Are they stuck to the rock or no? Cassiopiea are jellyfish - tend to be upside down, yes, but free floating and typically seek areas of bright light as they are photosynthetic. They also typically pulse like other jellyfish. IMO, that is not what it seems to be doing. In fact rocks are pretty dangerous for them as they are delicate.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by ophiura
http:///forum/post/2560457
Are they stuck to the rock or no? Cassiopiea are jellyfish - tend to be upside down, yes, but free floating and typically seek areas of bright light as they are photosynthetic. They also typically pulse like other jellyfish. IMO, that is not what it seems to be doing. In fact rocks are pretty dangerous for them as they are delicate.
Yes the are on rocks and they do not move.Ive looked at some photos of some Cassiopiea and i think i was misinformed on the classification of this creature.
Any ideas on what it is??

veni vidi vici

It has a mouth in the center and seems to have a matrix type body ,ill try and get a clearer close up ,but i dont think i can with the camera i have.

m0nk

Wow, that is certainly interesting looking. Could it be some sort of mini-carpet anemone?

brettd

It looks like a worm similar to a featherduster. I have a wormrock that has about 25 worms living in it that look very similar to what you posted. They come in all colors - blue, whit, pink, red, green, etc... I had noticed several others around the tank that I had no idea what they were before I got the wormrock.

T

tizzo

Did you do a google search on that upside down jellyfish?? Cause that's exactly what it looks like to me... As Ophi mentioned, DOES it "pulse"

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2560595
Did you do a google search on that upside down jellyfish?? Cause that's exactly what it looks like to me... As Ophi mentioned, DOES it "pulse"
+1 and apparently the babies do like to hang in LR.

ophiura

Wow that's pretty cool then!! IMO at least!! The other thing I was thinking was some sort of colonial tunicate, but not if they are popping up a lot.