IDEAS please I am lost

toddius

For two weeks now none of my corals have opened and things such as my colt and bubble coral are shrinking, yet all readings are fine (amonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0, ph 8.3, calcium 450, salinity 1.0250 I have not changed any of my routines either. I change 10% of my water every week. My lighting is 175 MH, 2 VHO actnic, 2 VHO regular, 2 actnic NO. This is on my 55 so it comes out to 10 watts per gallon. I have even tried different test kits. I am lost as I watch my tank slowly die after over a year of having a beautiful tank. If it dies though it will make a nice tank for my prianha fry.

toddius

Phosphates are also 0 and 10dkh. I checked temp. it has been running about 82 which is a little low for me it usually runs 85. I use a refugium which has kept nitrates in check for me. Like I said I have tried multiple liquid and even dry tab test all come out the same I have not tried the test strips though. All inverts are acting fine and my long tenticle anoemone looks like it's growing but all my corals are shrinking or will not open. This has been going on for two weeks now and at this rate I figure I have maybe two more before their all gone. I don't know what to do. Nothing new has been addded to the tank and nothing has been taken out. Same salt and additives as always in the same does no salinity change either. Gues it will end up an all invert tank. Even my coral beauty looks great and he's been in there since the begining. It's just the corals. Maybe something in the are contaminated the water (some kind of cleaner) even though I do not use any cleaners anywhere around or on my tanks (fresh or salt) and no one smokes in my house. I am at my wits end.

jonthefb

you might look into replacing your bulbs. how long has it been since they were replaced? As a bulb gets older it tends to fall out of its normal spectrum, and becomes useless. Most people reccommend changing the bulbs every 6 months to a year. you might look into this as your corals might not be getting the proper quality of light.
Just a suggestion
jon