identification help

diddley

first off, sorry i don't have a pic. couldn't get one yet but will keep trying. but i do have a really crappy drawing. the thing i saw was about 3/4 of inch long. he is an olive green color all over. the round part in the middle looks like it's hard like a shell but it's flat making the whole animal around 1/8 of an inch tall. the back part looks like a "tail" of some sort. you could see his trunk moving and his mouth working the rocks like a common snail. any help would be greatly appreciated. and, i'll keep trying for a pic. i know it's hard without one.

diddley

i changed my crappy drawing to a jpeg so it will show up without the prompt to download. thanks again. there were no feathery tentacles on the back, so i don't think it's a nudi.

timg

do you have any snails in you tank currently? I have multiple baby turbo snails of different sizes in my tank and that is what they look like. It seems as though only one survives each time.

diddley

thanks fellas. like i said he is very flat, so i wouldn't think he was a baby turbo. i will do a search for bubble snails.

diddley

my drawing might not be the greatest, bang. doesn't look like the bubble snail pics i pulled up. do you have a pic? i think it's a stomatella, carp. here's a pic i found. do they have a little tail section that sticks out of their shell? this board has some great members.

montidanae

yeah thats a stomatella
here is another i found on a site, they come in all colors i have some black/bage/white/tank/mixed/greenish.