Identify this leather

N

nereef

don't need it, and i can't imagine how you could. if you wanted to start testing for iodine, you could start dosing that.

earnit33

you can also hold a siphon hose next to the algae bubble and scrape it off and if it burst the siphon will suck the spores out,if you don't want to remove the subject.

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by earnit33
http:///forum/post/2652545
you can also hold a siphon hose next to the algae bubble and scrape it off and if it burst the siphon will suck the spores out,if you don't want to remove the subject.
good idea... I will try that. Originally I should have had the LFS scrape it off.

jerryatrick

At that point I think one must trade it in or purchase a tank that is 5 feet high. BTW, when do you sleep MichaelTX?

anonome

Very nice specimen. I too like leathers, just be sure to have some flow on it to remove its film. No need to feed, the lights will do that, as well as good perameters in the tank...iodine especially, just be sure to test first.
As all have said before, bubble algae is not an algae that you want in a reef tank. Good luck with it. Nice find.

reefereric

Originally Posted by tropills
http:///forum/post/2652446
give it time, light and good flow and that stool will look like this some day
Holy moly... That's a frag waiting to happen right there! How many do you think you could get off something like that? Guess it depends on size..
Enjoy the leather! They're fun!

reefereric

Joe, let me know when you'd like to get rid of that beauty! None of the stores around here get anything worth putting into the tank... I love devils hands and toadstools, and anything in color is a jewel in my eye!

I have to say thats pretty schnazy how that guy retracted like that when it was stressed out!!! pretty neat! I have a little bit of bubble algae in my tank and I also found out that it is illegal to have in california... I laugh about it because I told this girl that I hang out with and she did this whole thing and acted out some guy busting down my front door and say IS THAT BUBBLE ALGAE (she said the scientific name though) and she laid on the floor and started to do this