Idnetification needed.

spanko

I have gotten a few free SPS frags that were not ID'd at the time. Does anyone know what they are.
Number 1

Another view bottom left.

Number 2

Another view.

Number 3 center

Number 4 the purple one.

teen

1- hydnophora
number 2, 3, and 4 look like maricultured pieces. id say sunset montipora, superman montipora, and purple haze montipora respectively.
im only saying maricultured because the colors look off to me. not so much on the prpl haze but more so on the others. could just have been the previous system they were in.

spanko

Yeah the colors on what youa re saying are sunset and superman are morphing right now.
On the sunset, I have been told it may also be a superman.
On the hydnophora I have been told it may also be a Mycedium.
Your thoughts on that?

johnr2604

I agree number 4 looks like purple haze. Not sure on number two though Looks like it has two different color polyps like a rainbow/pockerstar but the colors don't match. I have had my sunset wash out but the polyps always stayed yellow/green. Number three looks too hard to call but could be a superman

9supratt4

#1 doesn't look like any hydnophora I've ever seen and I have quite a large one in my tank. Can't place it.
I agree on the other 3 though.

teen

Originally Posted by 9supratt4
http:///forum/post/3155550
#1 doesn't look like any hydnophora I've ever seen and I have quite a large one in my tank. Can't place it.
I agree on the other 3 though.
theres more than just the branching type.

spanko

#1 is most likely a Merulina ampliata from most of the posts I have gotten on other sites. IDK looks like a good possibility.