If you were born between 1965 and 1977

m0nk

Originally Posted by jenni620
oooh!! awesome list of memories!! how about this one....did anyone play "Oregon Trails" in computer lab when you were in elementary school? Those were the best days! lol...on those old crappy computers with the green screen? lol love it!
Haha, the Oregon Trail, I do remember that game, it was like the best part of the day.

rylan1

Originally Posted by m0nk
Haha, the Oregon Trail, I do remember that game, it was like the best part of the day.

I remember that as well...with rations and buying wagon wheels and etc...

saltn00b

yea i was born in 81 and have pretty much the same memories , except they were phasing out the real crappy cartoons for slightly less crappy cartoons.

m0nk

Originally Posted by saltn00b
yea i was born in 81 and have pretty much the same memories , except they were phasing out the real crappy cartoons for slightly less crappy cartoons.
Don't be calling my cartoons crappy!

S

scorpiojkd

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
Today they are bunch of spoiled couch potatoes and become bored too easily if there isnt something electronic infront of them. The difference is back then we were grateful if we got something and the generation today thinks they are entitled to.

Its all about the parenting. I am not sure why today's parents, who lived and enjoyed all of the above, let their kids be lazy and buy all that electronic crap for them. My kids, 8 and 6, live to run around outside. They dress up in weird stuff and run around the yard and woods playing whatever game they feel like making up at the moment. And we encourage it! We limit their TV, encourage reading and creative play. My daughter (8) just asked the other day what an XBox 360 was. LOL! We were at a friend's house recently. Their 9 year old had a Wii. My kids thought it was cool for about 10 minutes then wanted to go outside and play tag. I think its all about what the parents encourage and teach the kids to do.

saltn00b

good post scorpio. and grats reno.
im no parent but my family members are strong proponents of that and i was raised to treasure beautiful days when i could run around outside.
unfortunately nowadays you have to worry about the 12 registered --- offenders in your 10 square mile radius. makes me almost not want to be a parent ....

m0nk

Originally Posted by saltn00b
good post scorpio. and grats reno.
im no parent but my family members are strong proponents of that and i was raised to treasure beautiful days when i could run around outside.
unfortunately nowadays you have to worry about the 12 registered --- offenders in your 10 square mile radius. makes me almost not want to be a parent ....
Yeah, there's some 20 in/around the town that I live it, and this area is one of the best in all of Central PA, imo. My son loves to play outside but he's 3 1/2 so I'm there with him when he does. He also loves the park more than staying inside too. It really does have to do with what you do with them, the more you do certain things with them, the more they want to do them on their own as they get older.

renogaw

fortunately i don't have to worry about that too much. bears and dears and tics yes, no s-ex offenders though