If you were me...what would you be feeding this tank?

ntvflgirl

okay, here's what I've got...
55 with 60 lbs. of live rock, dsb. Light bioload, just a clown, a scooter blenny, very small tang, ( quarter sized), and a goby. Various crabs and snails, brittle star, nudibranch, trumpet, flowerpot, xenia, galaxia, and yellow leather...which I just got, and am nervous about...but looking good so far. 260 watt pc's.
So far, I'm dripping kalk, adding phyto plankton, and dry food with garlic and vitamins. There is plenty of algae, to my dismay, for the tang to munch on. Trying to get rid of that.
Suggestions? Am I doing enough? My trumpet is looking kinda weird in the middle. It's pretty big, and looks like a round bouquet of flowers. Very solid, but the middle is not opening up all the way, and it looks like it may be splitting...will they do that when they are splitting? Or is it possibly dying? I do still see flesh on the middle part.
Thanks guys.

ryebread

I would definitely try some variety in there.
Brine shrimp and Mysis Shrimp are always a hit. The Mysis might have to be blended up a little bit since it is a little bit larger. I would also search to find a product called Cycop-eeze. I am a big fan of feeding lots of variety.......my tank gets Shrimp, Squid, Plankton, Brine, Mysis, Clams, Cyclop-eeze, Baby Brine, Blood worms, Flakes, VibraGrow, Zoe, etc.. and lots of other stuff that I can't think of right now. :D
I was adding garlic extract often to the food mix, but I am slowly getting away from that (BangGuy kinda talks me out of it.) and starting to add Beta Glucan. TerryB wrote and article about the wonderful benifits of Beta Glucan and I think that it's worth finding. Good luck.

matti070

Originally posted by RyeBread
I was adding garlic extract often to the food mix, but I am slowly getting away from that (BangGuy kinda talks me out of it.) and starting to add Beta Glucan.

If ur talkin bout Zoe, then...i just dont know wat ur thinkin.

bang guy

What are you feeding the Trumpet? I didn't see that on your list, they don't usually eat dry food.

ntvflgirl

I'm just putting Kent's Zooplex in for the corals.
And what is the reasoning behind the suggestion for stopping garlic.
The trumpet looks like...the best way to describe it is it looks like if it was a painting, someone smudged it in a downward swipe when it was almost dry. If that helps.

ntvflgirl

Okay, I've been doing a little research, and found out that I should be feeding my trumpet. Okay, so do I feed each mouth, or just a few, and should I feed it mysis, or chunks of shrimp...I'm lost here.

bang guy

It should eat either of those foods. Feed each mouth if you can every other day. If you miss a couple that's OK you'll get them next time.

bang guy

Find out when it has its feeding tentacles out. Probably about an hour after its pitch black in there. Feed it this way until it's in better shape. You can eventually train them to eat with everyone else but for now your need to get it healthy.

bang guy

I tend to just squirt food at them and the fish get the leftovers.
Focus on the heads that don't look so good. Feel free to frag that beastie & spread the wealth. :D

ntvflgirl

Fragging is a little out of my league right now...I can't even take care of the dern thing. More or less make more of em....and while I'm on the subject, my yellow leather looks like it's splitting into 2 pieces. Just right down the middle. Could it be that is is splitting into two? Or is it possibly shaped this way. It's about 3/4ths of the way split.