I'm a Scammer - You're a scammer - Don't you want to be a scammer too?

ifirefight

Originally Posted by AquariumRookie
http:///forum/post/2538490
start taking more precautions. Get phone numbers, addresses, and call the people before you send any money.
Very good idea. I would have no problem giving my number out and speaking directly to the buyer/seller. Im sure most people wouldnt have a problem with that. I have better things to do then try and scam them.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by new-guy
http:///forum/post/2538495
i just have a felling next time he will be even more careful about getting caught. i dont think he would of gotten cought if i wouldnt of found his phone #. i just would have the police visit him. i just think its crazy that some people think its ok to do this. stealing is stealing. i think this kid has a long and hard life in front of him including his parents, my sympaty gos out to them..
If he keeps on scamming people, he will be in jail soon.

phelpz

Originally Posted by AquariumRookie
http:///forum/post/2538490
Yeah Hitler was a smart guy too, we all know how that went. This kid needs to be on house arrest until he's 18. And no, there probably isn't any way to prevent him from joining back up, so everybody is going to have to start taking more precautions. Get phone numbers, addresses, and call the people before you send any money.
I dont think on V bulletin you can block IP address's. So he probably will.
And this is why I've never ordered anything on here, or other message boards....

new-guy

this wasnt his first time doing this. if you want to see how deep he was in before look in the feedback link and theres a forward ther to see it. im talking like over 1000 dollars

coral keeper

http:///forum/post/2538508
this wasnt his first time doing this. if you want to see how deep he was in before look in the feedback link and theres a forward ther to see it. im talking like over 1000 dollars
WOW! $1,000!! He should go to jail right now IMO.

new-guy

il tell you guys something i wouldnt let this kid get around a computer for the next life time 2 days after this was solved he pmed me what do you guys think about that

luvmybizz

The sad thing is at 12 years old he is already thinking that way...at 12 money was the last thing on my mind! I was really
hyper and didn't want anything to do with money, plus u should know that stealing is bad at that age...wonder wat else the kid has stolen(like in stores)

1journeyman

Originally Posted by phelpz
http:///forum/post/2538506
I dont think on V bulletin you can block IP address's. So he probably will.
And this is why I've never ordered anything on here, or other message boards....
Yes we can. His IP will be blocked.
Again all, please keep this thread to just people who have been scammed, thanks.

1journeyman

http:///forum/post/2538444
hes 12 yrs old. i contacted my local sherrifs office and advised me to call the dad first which im glad i did. i didnt know you could file reports with usps with a money order. i just made sure i kept all the pms so i could have a paper trail. just out of couriosity how can you watch him?
I'm not sure, but I suspect this would be considered mail fraud and therefore it would fall under Postmaster's authority.

austin

I understand hes 12 and may not think things through completely but why would he just come out and say that he would have to know the mods would do something....
what Im saying is what if it was this kids dad posting as his son to find out the full extent of what his son has done
just a thought

coral keeper

Originally Posted by austin
http:///forum/post/2538600
I understand hes 12 and may not think things through completely but why would he just come out and say that he would have to know the mods would do something....
what Im saying is what if it was this kids dad posting as his son to find out the full extent of what his son has done
just a thought

Maybe, but what was your point?

I was looking for some Cheato and this was what i was sent via PM. I thought it was odd that he would sell 4-1 gallon bags of cheato for the same price that everybody was selling 1 sandwich bag for, in the post where he sends his address for payment things got too fishy
and i backed out Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by Fishyfrenzy
Hey! I have some bags of chaeto and mangroves. If you buy 3 bags of chaeto I'll throw in another bag and 3 mangroves. 20 shipped. Mangroves work really well and mine are acclimated to SW. They are just seedlings but they will help with getting the bad things out of the water. I take money orders and cash, and I'll ship by priority.
BTW: The bags are one gallon each.
I don't have paypal but I take preferably cash or money order. And yeah, they are fish safe. They look nice and will root in sand. They are just little trees.
So there 20 a bag correct?
No! 20 for everything. it turns out to 5 a bag plus 3 free mangroves if you want them. Also, yeah, I'll decrease the price. I have about 20 bags. How many do you want?
Hey, are you still interested in the chaeto?
Yeah i pm'd ya about where to send the money to
How much are you going to buy btw?
I would like to start out with 20 dollars worth i'm not sure how much i'll need becouse i'm putting it in my DT. I may or may not get some more later.
Please don't write anything on the envelope. My roomate is very nosy. Please just write the address, and don't write a note or anything, as my mail is opened.
Thanks!
1811 Monarch Avenue
Owensboro, Kentucky
My name is Taylor Yates
I'm sorry but this whole payment thing sounds kinda weird i'm afraid i'm going to have to back out of the deal.
Sorry
Robin
Send to

A

alexmir

I have a hard time believing that a 12 year old kid set all this up. He would have to be able to use his fathers SWF.com account without his dad seeing any personal messages. Then he would have to be able to ship out packages without anyone noticing. Then he would have to get his own debit or credit(which is in no way legal for a 12 yr old ot open a credit card account) card to set up a paypal account, because if it was put onto his parents account they would see the transactions. Then of course his parents would have to be completely oblivious to the whole thing. Which IMO would take parents that payed not one bit of attention to their kids.
Im thinking it might have been the dad, and then he got caught, so he figured he would refund the money and try to fix it all before someone brought legal matters into the situation. I dont see all the above happening without anyone noticing..........

viper_930

He didn't send anything out, which was the point of the scam. No suspicious packages needed.
You don't need a debit or dredit card to open a personal or premier paypal account.
I agree it's very sketchy though. This didn't just happen once, but multiple times.

fishy125

When I put out a post looking for mushrooms, I received a pm with a price too good to be true. With a note about not writing anything on the envelope as his mail was being opened! I did not do any deal.

spiderwoman

Just a note: 12 yr olds are very resourceful, not little kids as you may think they are. They can come up with scams like this, doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm sure he is smarter with the Internet than his dad is...

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by alexmir
http:///forum/post/2538800
I have a hard time believing that a 12 year old kid set all this up. He would have to be able to use his fathers SWF.com account without his dad seeing any personal messages. Then he would have to be able to ship out packages without anyone noticing. Then he would have to get his own debit or credit(which is in no way legal for a 12 yr old ot open a credit card account) card to set up a paypal account, because if it was put onto his parents account they would see the transactions. Then of course his parents would have to be completely oblivious to the whole thing. Which IMO would take parents that payed not one bit of attention to their kids.
Im thinking it might have been the dad, and then he got caught, so he figured he would refund the money and try to fix it all before someone brought legal matters into the situation. I dont see all the above happening without anyone noticing..........

If you re read the posts he is not using a paypal account and is not shipping stuff thats the whole point of it . You can set up a swf account and say your 80 years old doesnt make it so .

alix2.0

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2539244
Just a note: 12 yr olds are very resourceful, not little kids as you may think they are. They can come up with scams like this, doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm sure he is smarter with the Internet than his dad is...
+1
why would he not want anything written on the envelope or a note though?