I'm BROKE and need a job!

beginner46

Hi, I'm 13 years old. I have no money whatsoever and need a job. If anyone lives in Connecticut and needs a worker please contact me. I'm starting a saltwater fish tank and need money to fund it. I will help with anything to earn money. If anybody needs someone to mow their lawn, walk their dog, or help around the house, call me. I live in Somers and will give out my phone number to anyone interested. Thank you!

wattsupdoc

Awesome!
A kid with a work ethic!
Man if I lived in coneticut(sp) I'd hire you. But I dont

SOMEBODY GIVE THIS KID A JOB!

BUMP

yimmy

I'm in the same as you, I'm 15 and its hard to find places, I live in AZ and I have put up flyers and the problem is teenagers have a bad image so they wont hire, and also everyone has mexicans do it for 2$ an hour

phixer

When I was your age in the summer I had a lawnmowing service with a long list of customers. In the winter I shoveled snow. I got the lawn mover for free by peicing together several junkers. Make your connections by going door to door and then set a schedule for your customers. Take the lead on this, make the customers job easy. When you finish say things like see you next Friday Mr ... by doing this you will establish a relationship with your customers. Do this with several customers and soon you will have a full time summer job with a list of repeat customers.
And dont discount babysitting either, most parents are always looking for a reliable sitter.
Oh and if you witness the illeagal act of hiring illeagal immigrants, learn a little spanish and tell one of them privately that they are being watched and the next time you see them stealing your job that you are going to report them to the INS.

jackhammel

yea im offering a job, and i think you will do. you can asist in disposing of extra material. i offer $200 a week. please reply.

fedukeford

im 13 too, to get money for my tank in the summer/winter i go up and down a few streets close to me and put up lawnmowing/snow shoveling flyers, it works out pretty well

beginner46

hi jack hammel, if you need any help with this website or anything else please email me. I am also a beginner but have learned enough to teach new beginners.

oceanists

AMAZING!!! your parents should be really proud of you ..... not alot of teenagers want to work for things nowadays... Pat yourself on the back!!
I hope things work out with Jackhammel

beginner46

Thanks Oceanists, but it turns out Jack hammel is a 13 year old prankster in Texas. I asked him about the job and he said he was just joking around. I don't think it was right of him to lie and get my hopes up, but what can I do. His profile is also fake, it say he's 33 years old. I don't know if he'll ever change it. So everyone watch out for JackHammel, he's a pure LIAR. I'm still looking for any job in Connecticut so please help me out.

oceanists

Originally Posted by beginner46
Thanks Oceanists, but it turns out Jack hammel is a 13 year old prankster in Texas. I asked him about the job and he said he was just joking around. I don't think it was right of him to lie and get my hopes up, but what can I do. His profile is also fake, it say he's 33 years old. I don't know if he'll ever change it. So everyone watch out for JackHammel, he's a pure LIAR. I'm still looking for any job in Connecticut so please help me out.

Aww thats too bad , yeah it wasnt right for that person to get your hopes up. Try to win some customers over and mow lawns ... i did that and made a ton of cash .... whatever you do I hope you the best of luck... you sound like a good kid. I would deffinatly have you mowe my lawn if i lived near by.

teresaq

being the mother of an 11yr old and the wife of a police officer. . be careful please. I did not like the implications of that post from jack hammel. (qoute--disposing of extra material) sounded like he was up to something fishy. please include your parents. check your neighbor hood for older people, and trailer parks. they sometimes need young people to help them.

yimmy

Originally Posted by Phixer
Oh and if you witness the illeagal act of hiring illeagal immigrants, learn a little spanish and tell one of them privately that they are being watched and the next time you see them stealing your job that you are going to report them to the INS.
BTW I do know spanish and what not, but quite frankly, there only around during the summer...when its 115 out.