I'm new :)

rwhite

Welcome. Very nice tanks. How long have you been working on them--looks like you've got most of the work done already. They can probably only get better. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Enjoy the board!

kristycore

we'll we've been working on our jebo tank for about year and only got our big one up and running a couple months ago.. just installed the protein skimmer last night (and it overflowed... haha).
we've decided to just have the aggressive fish in the jebo now :)
any suggestions for new fish for our custom made tank?
its cost us about us$5k so far....
i dont think the magestic angel was well suited. hes never ever come out (always hiding), but hes surviving so it seems hes eating? or is that part of their personality..?

kristycore

hi :)
thank you!!
i can tell you now. i don't know very much about salt water.. so if you ask what kinda gadgets our tank has.. i'd just shrug :)
my mums the one who goes crazy over that.. i just choose the fish!
i just took this picture before... my lmb found a great place to hide. its adorable
can you find him? :)

jourdy

I'm new too
you've a cool tank, kristy! :)
but what does jebo mean? hehe.
$5k US is a lot. but i guess the cost of living there is higher. :)
ive spent about less than 200 US $ on this hobby. :)

crazy4reefs

your tanks look great !! WELCOME to swf.com. i see your also interested in parrots, what kind or kinds do you have ?

dburr

Welcome, nice tanks.

1 question, how's the lunar wrasse in the tank? I heard they aren't reef safe. Is he melow or aggressive?

unknown

Your tank looks great!!
Two things though.
1. That is CRAZY to have that many fish in a 37 gallon. I only have two triggers in my 55 and they are crampted. You need to get rid of some of those fish.
2. What are your levels in you big tank? It is a little early to have that many fish in their IMO.
I know I sound like a evil guy but I am trying to save you money and some fishes lives.
I really do like both your tanks though.
Do you think you could give me the plans and what type of glass/acrylic/thickness of material you used.
Vince.:happyfish

kristycore

our lion fish & trigger are still tiny, but im aware they will get huge. we're not even sure about how many gallons it is actually.
i'm setting up another tank today to move my trigger over in a month or so.
jebo is just the company name for the aquarium :)
parrots - 2 sun conures, 2 alexandrine parrots, 2 rainbow lorikeets, 2 galahs, one indian ringneck.. most of them are hand tame.
our lunar wrasse is fine..
very mellow. we definetly wouldnt introduce another one. yeah the local store told us he'll be fine... but i read up later that they aren't reef safe. there doesnt seem to be any problems though. he is out swimming most the time.. hes very happy. gets along well with the other fish too.
i think we're not adding anymore fish, just corals now.
the glass is about 1/2 inch thick.
we're really good friends with our local aquarium.. and pretty much if we just go there they go "you need this.. this this this" and we end up going home with new fish. they are always here installing new things and checking our levels... everything is doing just fine. but yeah my mum does go a little overboard but our levels are great. its been up and running for about 4 months now i think?
we're aware that we cant add anything else more.. thats why my mum has "another" tank planned.
thanks for your advice and all that :)

kristycore

hah you're kinda asking the wrong person
i don't esactly know much about all that.
just ask specific questions... then i'll ask my mum what we used.. hahaha. i just look at the fishie :)
i'll start looking into it.. when my mother is a bit more bearable.. (she had surgery last week)

nats

Welcome Kristy, Nice looking tank keep up the good work. I hope your mom feeling better.:)

kristycore

thank you :)
we're getting the reactor installed next week.
i'll get our lfs to write down esactly what we've got... haha
and i'll take lots of pictures and everything...
and post it up here :)