Im officially bored with reef...

Well, Im throwing in the towel.. My reef has been running for 5 years now, and I just dont have the love for it anymore....
Im thinking of going Freshwater with Discus and tetras, actually....

debbie

Hi, I know what you mean, but my nano tank has only been up and running for just about 1 year. I do love my tomato clown and all the other things in there except for my camelback shrimp whom might be on my hit list if he does not leave my xenia alone. Caught him in the act :mad:
Marine tanks are absolutley beautiful, don't get me wrong. That is why I started out with a 10 gal nano to see if I wanted to go bigger someday. Nope just not for me.
But now you say a Discus and tetra tank. Well now were talking, I just bought my first discus and they are absolutley beautiful I might add. The gracefulness of them is something to be disired. You cannot compare freshwater to saltwater though because I find the both equally beautifu. I just love to look at a nice saltwater tank with all the fish and corals. Very nice :yes:
Good luck with your tank on what ever you decide. If you go the Discus route you will not be disappointed and let me know what you get.
Debbie

I have always loved Discus but never ventured into getting them.. I think now is the time.. I also need a new hobby anyhow... I have had THIS reef for 5 years, but Salt tanks for closer to 10.. Time to make the switch me thinks :)

Im selling ALL of it, actually....
:)
I have mostly VERY healthy colonies of Red, Green. and Fuzzy mushrooms (Probably 150 shrooms in 26 gallons).. And some Star Polyps, etc...
Lots of Live rock, well.. not LOTS.. But 40 lbs or so.. also ALL covered in shrooms as well...
And I think about 45 lb Live sand.... The sand is really nice.. 5 years worth of life!!

debbie

Good luck with your choice, a good one I might add. Here is a pic of my new baby. More tuquoise will appear as it ages. Only 3" wide at the moment.
Debbie

nikkoli110

Oooh I would loooove star polyps....but I am also looking for a better protein skimmer because I am having problems with nitrates and want to get this settled before I get anything more.

Sigh.. now THAT is cute :)
I personally think that ,although different, a well planted FW tank is as pretty as a well stocked SW tank....
Plus, I love Discus, Tetras, and exotic plecos :)

robchuck

Originally posted by The Croc Hunter
I personally think that ,although different, a well planted FW tank is as pretty as a well stocked SW tank....
Plus, I love Discus, Tetras, and exotic plecos :)

I agree!
And there are definately some interesting plecos available. The Petsmart near me sells Royal Plecos, which are a brilliant blue with gold flecks; in fact, they are colored similar to Goldflake Angels.
Best of luck with your endevour into FW.

tru conch

check out the dutch style planted aquariums. heavy on the plants and lots of tetras/discus/angelfish. they are really neat to look at.

L

lungfish

They have a HUGE FW tank at the Barne's & Noble in Baltimore (Inner Harbor) Stocked full of plants, angels, discus, tetras, cory cats, and other minnows....It looks really awesome!
Ah another future project...time for a bigger house!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Probably most of us have made similiar decisions. I know I have, and probably will again in the future. Sometimes get out of tanks for a couple of yrs, and sometimes just switch to FW.

ajwaters

I love fresh water tanks i wish i put has much time in to my FW has i do on the SW
good luck dicus are such a pretty fish :)

dragonboy

Hehehe.... yeah after awhile I would say it does starts to get a bit boring but there is so much more still on this hobby there is so much more corals and fish. But I guess once I have all of what I wanted I'll stay with what I got for awhile.

Thanke everyone for the 'support'
Im actually really looking forward to going to pick out a new tank,s tand, filter, etc next week.... Its been a LOOOONG time :)

ams153

Originally posted by The Croc Hunter
Im selling ALL of it, actually....
I have mostly VERY healthy colonies of Red, Green. and Fuzzy mushrooms (Probably 150 shrooms in 26 gallons).. And some Star Polyps, etc...
Lots of Live rock, well.. not LOTS.. But 40 lbs or so.. also ALL covered in shrooms as well...
And I think about 45 lb Live sand.... The sand is really nice.. 5 years worth of life!!

email ams153@yahoo.com with prices fer all lr especially and are ya willing to ship
Andrew