in need of help, fish keep dying.

Sorry to
Confuse you if I did
I just went through a case of ich in my 125 gallon fish only tank and I listen to my fish guy
Target temp at 80 salinity at 28
No stress good temp treated tank
Fed them food soaked in fresh garlic
One month now no ich fish are healthy
And water changes added a wave maker also to help with o2

callmechris

Hi,
I may be the one confused, it's not hard to do these days.. LOL... I thought we were discussing ich, raising the temps...then you said you would wait a few weeks and add fish. I answer many posts about ich and I always advise to remove the fish for 8 weeks so the parasite can die off without a host. Then Mr.saltwater jumps in with the parasite dying within a few days and using a UV sterilizer.
I went back and read from the beginning and you were not talking about ich, but oxygen. Trigger talked about a HOB being good enough without power heads, and Mr. saltwater gives advice about ich and raising temps when I really don't think he knows what he's talking about... I got frustrated...forgive me please.
Oh okay lol I was like wait I took people's advice and we figured out what the problem was.

I never said ich dies in a couple of days but life cycle can be sped up with raise in temp
Quicker then with meds and uv will help kill in free floating stage and of coarse water changes

trigger40

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmechris http:///t/397444/in-need-of-help-fish-keep-dying/20#post_3544661
Today is day number 11 with 2 clownfish, things are looking good with no fading colors or gasping for breathe, no white spots. I'm not getting to happy yet but it looks like it was just a case of not enough oxygen. As for the white spots I don't really think it was ich, maybe something to do with not enough oxygen. I will keep an update on how there doing. After a month or so with them doing good I'll buy another fish. Thanks everyone for the help it's much appreciated for someone just starting saltwater. Later today I'll upload a picture of my tank.
good to hear that you got your problem fixed.

trigger40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/397444/in-need-of-help-fish-keep-dying/20#post_3544668

Hi,

I have 2 HOB filters on my tank...set up high and really making a splash...and I'm telling you it is not enough. You have to have power heads, the wave is the life of the ocean, and the life of your fish tank as well. I see folks on here all the time thinking the HOB filter, cascading water into the tank is enough movement, and it just isn't so. There is less oxygen in SW, and the warmer water, causes even less oxygen levels.

oh, well thanks for telling me that. its always been enough on my small tanks but i am getting a much larger tank then the ones that i have now. i was gona do the two HOB because i dont now any better so now i am gona get a powerhead or ill end up makeing a post like this lol.

silverado61

I'm commenting on silverado post
I don't want him to think I'm telling him he doesn't know what he's sayingThat's fine. Most of my experience is through research, BOOKS and reading posts and advice by Flower, bang guy, Beth, Geridoc and others with more knowledge than I could ever hope to absorb. I was commenting on your post contradicting everything GeriDoc gave as advice. I just thought it was a little demeaning.