Industrial Grade RO/DI water?

tim514

I work at a semiconductor manufacturing company and they produce RO/DI water like crazy. The maintenance guy insists that I only want to use the RO water not the full DeIonized water that our units produce because the water quality is in the megaohm range. Does anyone know if water can be too Deionized?
Any opinions on this?

Sounds to me like they just dont want you getting the water for free when the company is paying the water bill to make it?

tim514

Originally Posted by JimmyR1Rider
http:///forum/post/3217362
Sounds to me like they just dont want you getting the water for free when the company is paying the water bill to make it?
Nah, Its a pretty small company and the maintenance guy just dosn't want me to kill my fish if there was a such thing as "Industrial Grade RO/DI" water. The amount of water they make is ridiculous, 10gallons here and there is nothing for them. I filled up two 5 gallon buckets in about 2mins. Its a lot easier than my 35GPD with horrible water pressure.

True well then it was just that they dont have in depth knowledge and didnt wanna hear you killed your stuff thats cool then. Youll be fine using it and good luck with everything

jsteph24

Do they add any chemicals to it? We have a massive RO system to feed a boiler at work. After the softners we add sodium bisulfite to get rid of any chlorine before our RO membranes. Our retention tank has a pump on it which goes to a DI filter for our Lab. Would that DI filtered water still be good? I guess I am not sure because of the bisulfite added to kill the chlorine.

gmann1139

Tim -
I'm also in the industry. You want the purest stuff they have.
Jsteph - Assuming the order is
Tap -> NaS2 -> RO -> DI ->jsteph
You're fine, b/c the RO/DI will filter out the NaS2.