Info on best places to buy dwarf seahorses??

maddy61203

Hello!!
Does anyone know where to buy good, captive bred dwarf seahorses? I am new, but have been researching for a year now. My tank is a 20 gallon, bare bottom with lots of artifical plants. I was looking to get around 6, due to hearing that they should be kept in groups. I looked at 100 different websites with the DS---Dwarf Seahorses---but is one better than the other? Has anyone even bought from one that they would recommend again? Please let me know. I also bought a baby brine shrimp hatchery to keep a constant flow going through, has anyone ever used one?? Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to do this right. Also if anyones in NC and has some let me know!
Thanks!!!!!!

mkzimms

im not a fan of buying horses online. a lot of getting good horses is picking the good ones. when you buy online you cant tell if they're eating how they look, current keeping conditions...etc, before you buy them. if you can find them locally or even with in a reasonable drive, i would go that route.

maddy61203

I agree 100% but it seems that seahorses are pretty much non-exisent here in North Carolina. I am going to keep looking though!

rykna

Originally Posted by maddy61203
http:///forum/post/2733483
Hello!!
Does anyone know where to buy good, captive bred dwarf seahorses? I am new, but have been researching for a year now. My tank is a 20 gallon, bare bottom with lots of artifical plants. I was looking to get around 6, due to hearing that they should be kept in groups. I looked at 100 different websites with the DS---Dwarf Seahorses---but is one better than the other? Has anyone even bought from one that they would recommend again? Please let me know. I also bought a baby brine shrimp hatchery to keep a constant flow going through, has anyone ever used one?? Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to do this right. Also if anyones in NC and has some let me know!
Thanks!!!!!!
Hi! I love my online source. Just PM me and I'll give you the link.
What kind of set up do you have for the ponies(dwarf seahorses)?

maddy61203

Captive Bred I am guessing just because I have heard all the bad stories of Wild Caught! But really looking into getting the D.S. to try at first until I can get a year or two under my belt.

maddy61203

Thank you Rykna...so much valuable info!!! Again thanks..I posted a pic under the H.Kellogi thread of my 55 gallon.
I finally learned how to PM
WOW

rykna

Originally Posted by maddy61203
http:///forum/post/2736595
Thank you Rykna...so much valuable info!!! Again thanks..I posted a pic under the H.Kellogi thread of my 55 gallon.
I finally learned how to PM
WOW
Awesome
Glad I could help. Can't wait to see your pony tank!!

meowzer

RYKNA Can you tell me the online source...I live in a very small town in OK, and believe me I have to buy everything online. I have a 54 gallon corner bow tank hat I purchased already set up so it is already 2 years old. It is mainly reef, with 2 yellow clown gobies, some snails, and some blue leg hermits. This is going to be my seahorse tank. I have a 225g swf tank and I have a lawnmower blennie and sixlike wrasse (among others) but my question on them is they both seem so calm, can I put them in with seahorses??

rykna

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2748469
RYKNA Can you tell me the online source...I live in a very small town in OK, and believe me I have to buy everything online. I have a 54 gallon corner bow tank hat I purchased already set up so it is already 2 years old. It is mainly reef, with 2 yellow clown gobies, some snails, and some blue leg hermits. This is going to be my seahorse tank. I have a 225g swf tank and I have a lawnmower blennie and sixlike wrasse (among others) but my question on them is they both seem so calm, can I put them in with seahorses??
I sure can
But you'll have to on you private message, so I can send you the links.
Seahorse tanks are best kept as a species only tank.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
maddy, glad to see you join Saltwaterfish.com.
We ask that our members do not post or request information about other stores on our website. Thanks.