Info on Tulip Anemones?

kleinn

I just got some tulip anemones that came on some coral frags. They're sweet. :cheer: Does anyone know much about these? I couldn't find much online. Are they relatively easy? I know they sometimes like to roam and squat on corals, but that's it. Do they need normal "anemone" light/flow levels? How often should I feed them? Any info would be great!

crox

I was looking to get some of them but I don't know anything about them. Maybe Bang can help us on this. :help: :help: :help:

kleinn

Yeah, I had never heard of them until my friend gave me a bunch on a frag. She hadn't done a water change on her 75g for over three months and they looked kind of browish under her T5s, but they looked sweet once I threw them in my 20g with lunars and actinics. I want more, but I don't know anything about them! :help:

dburr

They split and are a PITA.
They look nice, but as I said, they start to multiply and grow all over. Just keep them in check.

kleinn

How often should I feed them? I have been feeding them a frozen brine shrimp about every 2 or 3 days, and they are doing fine so far. Any opinions or experience?! :help:

bang guy

What I have experienced with Tulips:
They are a close relative to the Mojano.
They have less of a sting than Mojano or any other pest Anemone.
Baby Clownfish like to live in them.
If you don't feed them they reproduce at a steady rate.
If you directly feed them they will reproduce at a very high rate and become a pest.
They walk pretty fast for an Anemone.
They are easy to remove.
They do not survive squishing.
The more light they have the better they look.

coachklm

tulip avenomes are another name for majano anemone it is considered a pest anemone so the decision is your to make on keeping it or killing it (it reproduces fast and stings fish and corals.