Injured Clownfish

srgvigil

Hey guy's whatsup. So today I get home from school and notice this on one of my clownfish. The best reason for the cause that I can come up with is that the clown got in a fight with the other clown or messed it up on a rock. The clown is perfectly ok behavior wise goes and nothing has changed in it's behavior. The clown still swims around the tank actively and doesn't seem much affected by it at all. Basically my question is should I just play the sit and wait game and observe what happens over the course of the next week to make sure no infection starts? Also has anyone else experienced this type of wound with their clown.

mr.clownfish

dont worry it will go away in like 1 -2 weeks.
yes this did happen to my male clownfish. at the time i have a 20gal tank and i had a mated pair of clowns and a valentini puffer. i feed the puffer a large chunk of food and the male clownfish stole it. the puffer came close and took a BIG chunk of its back fin
, like the fin was almost gone. it grew back. and i returned the puffer.

small triggers

I have a tiny maroon in my really aggressive tank that is constantly getting its fins split/shredded. I usually put in some coral vital and call it good. as long as your parameters are good it shouldnt be a problem, especially if there is no cut/scrape to the body of the fish.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by SrgVigil
http:///forum/post/2954778
Ok cool so it will grow back together?
Yes, it will. If you bought the clowns together, and they are just staring to tussle, then you can expect a whole lot worse to happen. My male clown was bitten down to nothing but nubs for fins. The female tore him up. That poor guy was not allowed out of the corner, that she let him have. The fins all grew back, without issue.

meowzer

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2954780
Yes, it will. If you bought the clowns together, and they are just staring to tussle, then you can expect a whole lot worse to happen. My male clown was bitten down to nothing but nubs for fins. The female tore him up. That poor guy was not allowed out of the corner, that she let him have. The fins all grew back, without issue.
HA...About a week ago my 2 clowns were fighting and one of them bit the others lip off...scared me, I thought they were going to kill each other...one actually moved into a cave for 2 days, and now they are back together....friends one minute...sparring the next...just like real couples huh, they needed away time....the lip is healing though...thank goodness.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2954784
HA...About a week ago my 2 clowns were fighting and one of them bit the others lip off...scared me, I thought they were going to kill each other...one actually moved into a cave for 2 days, and now they are back together....friends one minute...sparring the next...just like real couples huh, they needed away time....the lip is healing though...thank goodness.
Love hurts LOL, especially for clowns