Introduction question

I think that I am about ready to add some horses to my 38, I have the clean up crew in there working their magic, my question is, because I don't want to drop $100-$150 on two horses, can I introduce them one at a time or do they need to be introduced at the same time?

reefnutpa

IMO depends on where you're getting the seahorses. If you buy direct from a breeder and have the seahorse shipped....the overnight freight cost would be huge if you bought them seperately.
If your LFS has them, then it wouldn't hurt to buy one and then in a week or so buy another...as long as they are from the same batch/source. Seahorses are social animals, so they really do better with more than one. However, one would be fine by itself for a short period of time. Might not be very active though.
What species are you planning on getting?
Tom

runn3rb3an

Get them at your lfs. you can see whether they are eating or not and see there condition and there cheaper IMO I get them for like 25 bucks.
Also I wouldnt get yellow or any other colors IME they ALLL turn black no matter how many different colors they are. I bought yellow, purple, orange everything before for the extra money and they are all black now.

teresaq

most horses you see in lfs that are 25 bucks are net pen raised kuda or kelloggi or wild caught erectus and there hasnt been good track records with new people. They have to be treated as wild caught.
True captive bred horses are much more expensive.
T