Invert quiz 6-pac

lopeyc

I realize I don't know the right names of any of my non-walking inverts, nor do I know what they're *supposed* to look like -- to know if they're doing well.
Please tell me if you know what these are and, especially, if they look healthy.
So here's six of my motley little crue.
First, the anemones...I don't feed them directly...should I?

clarkiiboi

I can answer 1 with 100% certainty---the 3rd pic is green star polyps and look good. I have seen all the others, but dont have them in my tank and cant tell you exact names. The 6th and 7th pic may be some sort of sponge. Bumping ya, nice pics though.

attml

1. Bubble coral
2. Condy Anenome
3. Green Star Polyps
4.Ricordia Mushrooms
5. Tridacna Crocea Clam
6.Unsure
7. Carnation coral
8. Hammer coral

bang guy

I second ATTML including the #6 unknown.
You should definately directly feed #1 & #2. They need meaty food... lots of food.

lopeyc

Verrrrry helpful.
Originally posted by Nerdy
#6 looks kind of looks like a colt on it's last legs

'Colt'? Wass that?
It's a strange beast, that pink thing -- it stretches up and down, like a living piece of bubble yum. Sometimes its 2" and sometimes it's more like 5". I can't say it's pretty, but it is sort of cute in it's faceless way...

lopeyc

Originally posted by Bang Guy
I second ATTML including the #6 unknown.
You should definately directly feed #1 & #2. They need meaty food... lots of food.

how much? and how do I get it past the hungry fish -- just stick it right in there with a stick or my hand?

bang guy

I use tongs but any way you can get food to them is fine. Be careful of Shrimp trying to steal the food if you have any. You should feed them just after lights out to avoid the fish trying to get to the food and getting stung. The Bubble may need the food held against it until the feeding tentacles grab it.
It'll take experience to determine how big a chunk of meat (marine origin only). Start with something the size of you pinky nail and adjust from there. You should feed them as much as they will eat 2 or 3 times a week. They will stop grabbing food when they've had enough.

jonthefb

the pink blob looks like a carnation coral that has fallen apart and number 7 looks like a chili coral which is very similar to carnations....these guys are non photosynthetic and need to be fed phyto and zooplankton on a regular basis....i would reccommend finding some Marine Snow, and Phytoplan by Two little Fishes to get these guys started....basically just mix some of this stuff up in a cup of tank water and pur it into the tank...you can even take a turkey baster or syringe and suck some up and spray it directly on the coral, for more direct absorbtion!
good lu ck
jon

lopeyc

I didn't know any of these things needed special food. Hmmn.
Now, over the weekend, I lost an arrow crab -- the hermits ate him but I don't know why he died AND a featherduster in a tube that I didn't think had a feather duster in it, so I'd left him in a bad spot by the powerhead.
Ugh. This is a humbling hobby. :(