is 29 too small

sign guy

I have a 29 fw and I am thinking about doing a agesive tank. I have never had one so any ideas would be great
My filter will prob be just a wisper

rs1831

Originally Posted by sign guy
whoops almost fogot I traded my 29 for a 20 so is a 20 to small for say a clown trigger?
A clown trigger can grow up to 20" so I would say that would be to small.

lion_crazz

The only aggressive fish that you could do in a 29 gallon tank are dwarf puffers, pseudochromis, and maybe a small fuzzy dwarf lion. Definitely no triggers, no large puffers, wrasses, etc.

sharkboy13

u wouldnt be able to do a octo unless it was a blue ring and that is still a bad idea. i wouldnt put a cleaner vrew in w/ a dwarf puffer becuz the puffer will probably eat them.

sign guy

Alright...how about this, a dwarf puffer, a snowflake eel and what would you sugest to stirr the sand bed?

syndrome

No SFE you can get a clean up crew my puffer never touched my snails or hermits. An angler or a scorpion fish would look cool.

sharkboy13

a SFE needs atleast a 55 so probably just the puffer or a dwarf lion. to stir the sand bed maybe a trio of snails and some hermits but theres still a chance of them getting eaten.

sharkboy13

saddled valentini puffer (if im wrong dont jump on me guys) a blue spot puffer. those r the only ones that im sure r good for that size tank. other toby puffers would work to.