is anyone bad like me?

pwnag3!!

when it comes to buying clothes.
A girl i work with asked me to prom and i went shopping for new clothes.
I just cant have any style of clothes i have to have the nice stuff.
I bought a 195 dollar armani shirt
a 98 dollar silk tie
and a pair of 125 dollar cufflinks
on top of that i had my shirt custom tailored and bought a pink pocket square.
does anyone ever go all out with their clothing?

lionkiller

I used to when I was younger. Now my clothes don't matter as much and I go all out on my house.......and stuff.

A

autopilot

I look for whatever is cheapest. I hate spending money on clothes.

microman2k

i dont go all out but i do enjoy my Abercrombie and Hollister!! :D
and i just rented a tux for prom........it was just like $130.....it was Ralph Lauren:)

lefty

I'm pretty picky when it comes to clothes...so usually if I like something, I'll buy it no matter what the price. However, I do have limits. I won't pay over 30 for a shirt. Sweatshirts yes, but for some t-shirt, I think not. Most of that stuff isn't even worth that much money. The companies just get away with jacking the price up because it's "brand name" or whatever. I also won't buy some brand just because everyone thinks it's "cool." Not to offend anyone, but at least at my school, Abercrombie's huge and most people wear it. Everyone knows it's an extremely overpriced place to shop. I've never been there myself, but according to a few of my friends, the clothes aren't even that great of quality. I don't see what's so cool about wearing the same thing as everyone else anyway.
Keep in mind you can buy quality clothing that doesn't cost an insane amount of money.
-lefty

sato

People who wear clothes from the 'upscale' stores in the mall drive me nuts. My highschool was full of [EDIT LANGUAGE] who bought clothes from those stores and drove mustangs that their parents bought for them, they all had the same mentality that they were better because they had more money and they treated everyone who wasnt their friend like ----.
I have, not nor will I ever pay $50 for a new shirt that is faded and reads "Abercrombie surfing, come wax our boards! est. 1924"or something like that.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by Sato
People who wear clothes from the 'upscale' stores in the mall drive me nuts. My highschool was full of [EDIT LANGUAGE] who bought clothes from those stores and drove mustangs that their parents bought for them, they all had the same mentality that they were better because they had more money and they treated everyone who wasnt their friend like ----.
I have, not nor will I ever pay $50 for a new shirt that is faded and reads "Abercrombie surfing, come wax our boards! est. 1924"or something like that.

Every word of it!!
Unless you need to maintain a certain "image" for your job, potential employer, or first date, then I definately don't see the point in wasting money on a product that will be out of fashion in a month!!
Those crappy jeans and t shirts will forever be acceptable, so until they are worn out they are wear-able. The only thing I would invest money in is my watch.
I love movado!

lefty

Originally posted by pwnag3!!
im talking about quality clothes... not crappy t shirts and jeans

Oh, goodness. I had better get myself a new wardrobe. I didn't know I'd been walking around in crappy clothes my whole life. I wish someone had told me sooner.
I'll apologize ahead of time for my blatant sarcasm. I have a real tendency to be that way when I jest.
Just out of curiosity, how do you pay for that expensive clothing? Do you have a well-paying job that allows you to buy such things?
-lefty

bergamer

:happyfish
I am not sure what is nice, as my g/f buys all my clothes.
I don't shop
But I only wear brooksbrothers french cuff dress shirts with my initials monogramed on the sleeve.
and since I wear suites all the time, I always have a clean pair of bruno magli shoe's to go with my suite

connor

im a 12 year old boy im probobly the worst i went to the mall i bought a 300$ gucci hat a 245$ pair of von dutch jeans a matching von dutch belt 90$ a von dutch tee 56$ and gucci sneackes for like 400$ and 2 von dutch hats for 42$ each i saved all that money for like a year and spent it all in 1 night lol:D

rubberduck

Originally posted by connor
im a 12 year old boy im probobly the worst i went to the mall i bought a 300$ gucci hat a 245$ pair of von dutch jeans a matching von dutch belt 90$ a von dutch tee 56$ and gucci sneackes for like 400$ and 2 von dutch hats for 42$ each i saved all that money for like a year and spent it all in 1 night lol:D

:eek: JEESE

WOW

pwnag3!!

Originally Posted by lefty
Oh, goodness. I had better get myself a new wardrobe. I didn't know I'd been walking around in crappy clothes my whole life. I wish someone had told me sooner.
I'll apologize ahead of time for my blatant sarcasm. I have a real tendency to be that way when I jest.
Just out of curiosity, how do you pay for that expensive clothing? Do you have a well-paying job that allows you to buy such things?
-lefty
i dont spend my money on other useless crap.

ophiura

I think if I had saved all my allowance for years I wouldn't have come close to affording some of those things. :notsure: Guess times have changed. Now I've been in the workforce for years and still can't afford stuff like that. :hilarious and yet

lefty

Originally Posted by pwnag3!!
i dont spend my money on other useless crap.
I can think of lots of things to buy that aren't useless (or clothes). But I guess if your image is that important to you and it's your money, I hope you enjoy your stuff. :)
-lefty

stuckinfla

Originally Posted by connor

Sato - Tizzo.....The above is what you described....Boca Raton FL is known for their rich sn*bs....Im not saying that you are Conner.............I feel sorry for those who really dont know the value of a dollar.

pwnag3!!

image isnt important. I just like looking nice. I dont do it for anyone else but me. If i cared about my friggin image i would walk around with the price tags on all my stuff and brag how l33t it is.
now when i dress comfortable... you can tell image isnt anything im concerned with.
I wear a nasty ball cap
a dingy wrinkled t shirt.
long hair... un shaven
no socks with any shoes and a pair of pants i havent washed in 2 months.