Is Jesus God?

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/3042680
Here's the rub.... Since you believe this is the case. Then if in fact Jesus is God as the doctrine dictates. Jesus is omnipotent. And in fact because they are one, no sacrifice has been made. So which is it then? The divine trinity, or not?

Here is the key peice of the doctrine you guys or missing or ignoring. Jesus while on this earth was a man. He was not a part of god or god shall we say. Each miracle he performed, he asked for god to heal, change, what have you. He recieved his power through god, not through himself (the bible is clear on this aspect)so while on earth he communed with his father, and his father (God) showed him some things or told him some things. But he did not KNOW these things. Thus he placed his trust in his father and sacrificed himself, (for the human race).
Jesus was only a part of the holy trinity after his ressurrection. He never called himself god or never accepted worshippers of himself. His disciples and "church" following were to worship god. Thus while he was on earth he was in fact, just a man......with great connections.

flower

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3042813
Here is the key peice of the doctrine you guys or missing or ignoring. Jesus while on this earth was a man. He was not a part of god or god shall we say. Each miracle he performed, he asked for god to heal, change, what have you. He recieved his power through god, not through himself (the bible is clear on this aspect)so while on earth he communed with his father, and his father (God) showed him some things or told him some things. But he did not KNOW these things. Thus he placed his trust in his father and sacrificed himself, (for the human race).
Jesus was only a part of the holy trinity after his ressurrection. He never called himself god or never accepted worshippers of himself. His disciples and "church" following were to worship god. Thus while he was on earth he was in fact, just a man......with great connections.
Very good, according to the Bible however he is STILL a man.
1 Tim. 2:5
Jesus did not become a god until Emperor Constantine declared him one, in the year 325
I would have to quote all scripture to explain that he was SENT from God, he was made (a created being) by God, and that he was NEVER a god, or going to be a god. When Jesus was asked..what is the most important thing to remember...he answered Hear Oh Israel, God is ONE. and he himself wasn't him.
Mark 12:29
Mat. 19:17
I know I waste my time; those who want another God besides the One will find some way to justify their belief and on and on the debate goes.

tinderly

I believe and I do so not out of fear, but out of my free choice to believe in a God that loves me for who I am. As far as the original question of this thread, Jesus and God being one and the same or not, the answer is no. God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost (The Trinity), are merely one in purpose. Three individuals striving to achieve the same goal. They are one as much as a married couple are one. I am my own person. My husband his own. Together we are a single unit. So is the Trinity. I believe what I believe and do not condem others to Hell for not seeing things my way. The Bible tells us over and over again the importance of Love, and loving one another. Nowhere that I recall does it ever state to hate those who do not agree with you. Just like many things in life (ie politics and other points of views) some people take things too far. We are all free to believe, or not believe. Yes dinosaurs once roamed the same Earth as we did. There are bones to prove it. Since we are talking about an all powerful God, who are you to think that he has to inform you of everything he's ever done/made? To believe in something is to do so without perfect knowledge of it. If you have perfect knowledge you now longer have to believe, because you already know it as fact.